TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It's all over and done with!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bored by the enforced international break, I thought I'd take a peak at the Bookies odds for us gaining promotion / winning the title....

Winning the title....1/5 on (average across all on-line betting sites0

Promotion....1/25 on (ditto)

So that's it then! We can all sit back, relax, and start planning trips to places like Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland and the like.

.......but then again?!?!?
No Pompey fan can ever relax, not even when four nil up at half time!
Its not over until the fat midfielder sings
It wasn't so long ago that we were fourth favourites and Peterborough were 4/9 favourites.
There's always a Devon Loch area of the brain of every Pompey supporter. But I think this particular jockey will bring us home.
As long as we don't catch something really nasty, I think for our rivals, the fat ladies laryngitis is nearly cleared-up.  Big Grin
(25-03-2024, 07:30 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]Bored by the enforced international break, I thought I'd take a peak at the Bookies odds for us gaining promotion / winning the title....

So that's it then! We can all sit back, relax, and start planning trips to places like Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland and the like.

I am hoping for a trip to Goodison Park, or the new one if finished.
(25-03-2024, 02:54 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-03-2024, 07:30 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]Bored by the enforced international break, I thought I'd take a peak at the Bookies odds for us gaining promotion / winning the title....

I am hoping for a trip to Goodison Park, or the new one if finished.

Maybe Man City if justice is done.
Up the Gooners !!
More encouraging news, unless you are a Derby fan. Lot of key injuries at a critical time. Even the manager is talking about having players back for the play offs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68656509
Can't drop our guard until the last minute of the season!
Warne doesn’t sound like an inspiring guy. Contrast his ‘we’re all doomed’ speech because he has 3 important injuries with JM who has been realistic and upbeat about having to get on with it with untold numbers of injuries this season. He seems to have always focussed on the positives of having a good squad with players ready and able to step up and fill the gaps. Maybe that’s one reason we are still top.
(26-03-2024, 09:26 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Warne doesn’t sound like an inspiring guy. Contrast his ‘we’re all doomed’ speech because he has 3 important injuries with JM who has been realistic and upbeat about having to get on with it with untold numbers of injuries this season. He seems to have always focussed on the positives of having a good squad with players ready and able to step up and fill the gaps. Maybe that’s one reason we are still top.

Well said Sir! We really are very fortunate to have JM....who would have thought a complete rookie could have had such a fantastic first season as a Manager, and conduct himself with such class.
(26-03-2024, 01:16 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-03-2024, 09:26 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Warne doesn’t sound like an inspiring guy. Contrast his ‘we’re all doomed’ speech because he has 3 important injuries with JM who has been realistic and upbeat about having to get on with it with untold numbers of injuries this season. He seems to have always focussed on the positives of having a good squad with players ready and able to step up and fill the gaps. Maybe that’s one reason we are still top.

Well said Sir! We really are very fortunate to have JM....who would have thought a complete rookie could have had such a fantastic first season as a Manager, and conduct himself with such class.

No judgement on Warne, but we have been fortunate that our worst injuries have happened when we still had a chance to get replacements. We're still short obviously but have just enough I think to get us over line.

On a different note, I've just found out that mendez laing played for pompey years ago- albeit on loan. I have absolutely no memory of the player at fp. Not a squirt, which considering he's now apparently the dogs bollocks is a bit bizarre. Anyone remember him here?
(26-03-2024, 01:51 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-03-2024, 01:16 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]

No judgement on Warne, but we have been fortunate that our worst injuries have happened when we still had a chance to get replacements. We're still short obviously but have just enough I think to get us over line.

On a different note, I've just found out that mendez laing played for pompey years ago- albeit on loan. I have absolutely no memory of the player at fp. Not a squirt, which considering he's now apparently the dogs bollocks is a bit bizarre. Anyone remember him here?

No memory at all really. He was here in that basketcase league one season where we had footballers coming and going on a weekly basis at times.
For once my memory is intact on this one, on loan in 2012, played a handful of games as right wing I think. Never looked much good at the time tbh and never looked like a winger. Despite that he has had a decent, if up and down, career.
I remember him being overweight, but still quite fast .  Joined us on loan from Peterborough after being suspended by them for some pubilc order offence with some team mates. Played quite a few games I recall but never did anything noteworthy.   Certainly no sign then that he might become quite a good player.
I seem to recall that he said he was unhappy because he wasn't loved here
Probably didn't buy him a birthday cake or some other crap