TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The League One Winners In Waiting Wend Their Way To Woeful Wycombe Wanderers, Warble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So the international (yawn) borefest (who cares) has passed everyone by.

So, back to the main event!

A visit to (apparently) the 8th safest ground in the UK. We don’t figure in the top ten but then we don’t turn up in the bottom ten either. So, safely in mid table then.

Even with a dodgy patch, they still rate in 4th place in the form table over the last 10 games. Three losses and a draw amongst that lot. Just goes to show how inconsistent most teams are. We’ve got to get back in the saddle quickly after a weekend off. Most people go on about teams having too many games but I thinks it’s just as bad missing one.

Who’s going to be back after that little layoff? Lane, with a bit of luck. Connor hopefully getting closer but might be too soon for him.
Yengi is young and hopefully back in contention after another ridiculous long journey.

I’m going for a 2-1 win for the Champeens elect.

Bugger what everyone else does, let’s just win again!
Wycombe don't have much to play for in the league and have an EFL trophy final coming up shortly. Winning at their place isn't easy though and this is a tough one. I would take a 1-0 win every time.
I’d take a draw and win our next two home games
Wycombe are in great form and are masters of the dark arts. They're an effective side. They know all the tricks and will disrupt our rhythm.

People are getting carried away, we are nowhere near promoted yet. Over confidence could bite us on the behind. 

No one will see it coming; but back down to earth with a big bump I think.

Wycombe 2 -1  Pompey
Suprised you havent gone for 3 or 4 nil. Wycombe are in a cup final the following week.
Don't feed Bitchfield
To answer the original question, I think we should have Lane,  Yengi  Lang and possibly Ogilvie back for this game. Maybe Ogilvie will be back for Derby instead.

Lowery, Stevenson, Anjorin, Scully etc can't be far away.
Hasn't that drawer been closed yet ?

Just hope Yengi and Paddy come back uninjured - however, as observed Cunning, both are very young so should recover and be good , at least, to start on the bench.

Come on Colby, let's have a brace. PUP.
Can’t imagine Yengi playing Friday - Jet lag and he picked up a slight knock in Oz.
Do Wycombe sell their home end out, I could see a large number of us travelling to get in on the day if tickets are being sold. Bank holiday weekend and all that.
Paddy Lane is playing tonight against Scotland
Apparently Saydee, Lang, Ogilvie and Lowery won’t be available on Friday, however Rafferty, Stevenson and Anjorin are available with hopefully Paddy Lane. There was no mention of Evans or Yengi. So with that information it would be nice to see ( but I doubt it)-
Norris
Raffs,Raggs, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Pack, Moxon
Kamara Bish Lane
Yengi

However I think Anjorin or Whyte at 10 and Bish up front
(26-03-2024, 04:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently Saydee, Lang, Ogilvie and Lowery won’t be available on Friday, however Rafferty, Stevenson and Anjorin are available with hopefully Paddy Lane. There was no mention of Evans or Yengi. So with that information it would be nice to see ( but I doubt it)-
Norris
Raffs,Raggs, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Pack, Moxon
Kamara Bish Lane
Yengi

However I think Anjorin or Whyte at 10 and Bish up front

As has been mentioned Yengi will probably be both tired from playing football and jet lagged. In this circumstance it would make sense to start Bishop up front instead and play MPH in the playmaker role
Hopefully the useless MPH won’t be anywhere near the squad.
(26-03-2024, 04:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the useless MPH won’t be anywhere near the squad.

JM clearly rates MPH ... he's certain to be in the squad if fit. 

IMO the jury is still out on him, but its too early to write him off.
(25-03-2024, 10:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’d take a draw and win our next two home games

sod it. Win em all.
(26-03-2024, 04:59 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-03-2024, 10:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’d take a draw and win our next two home games

sod it. Win em all.

this is their last game before Wembley ... hopefully they will be be taking it easy to avoid injury.
(26-03-2024, 04:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-03-2024, 04:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the useless MPH won’t be anywhere near the squad.

JM clearly rates MPH ... he's certain to be in the squad if fit. 

IMO the jury is still out on him, but its too early to write him off.

JM isn’t going to say anything derogatory in public but I’m sure he hasn’t been overly impressed so far, he said as much in the News when he said he’d like to see more of what MPH showed in his debut( wouldn’t be all). Personally I’d rather play one of our players like Whyte, who deserves a chance after his last performance. 
My jury found MPH guilty of impersonating a footballer.
Putting MPH in the languid looks slow but isn't category
against a very streetwise team like Wycombe, it might even be time for Whyte to light up our season, rather than a youngster.
He has had his problems, clearly, but he does have a habit of doing nothing, then setting up a goal.
Going by the Mous updates, it sounds like Lang and Saydee will be unavailable for the Wycombe and Derby games. Them two and Ogilvie likely back for Shrewsbury. That's annoying (unless it is a bit of misdirection). Could mean Bishop in that Number 10 role again. If Yengi is still jetlagged then maybe Whyte on the right with Kamara up top.
and now they mention the Chelsea starlet (aaaaagggghhh!) being fit to play
MPH is getting a lot of stick on here but has been played out of position as a holding midfielder which he isn't.
He can play the No.10 role which suits him better. Anjorin has been unfortunate with injuries but you can see he has a touch of class about him. Yengi will start on the bench with Bishop up front. Danger man Kamara.
Evans maybe on Friday?
(26-03-2024, 07:28 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]MPH is getting a lot of stick on here but has been played out of position as a holding midfielder which he isn't.
He can play the No.10 role which suits him better. Anjorin has been unfortunate with injuries but you can see he has a touch of class about him. Yengi will start on the bench with Bishop up front. Danger man Kamara.

Mikey I have watched ( bar one) all the games MPH has played for us and bar his debut he’s very very average. Maybe he sounds better on the radio. 

On a better note Lane didn’t play for NI tonight so hopefully he’ll be ok for Friday.
Pages: 1 2 3