TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ratings v Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris - 7 Did pretty well on a difficult night, perhaps could have done more in their first goal as it was hit from a tight angle
Raffs - 7 Put in a couple of thunderous challenges and a great cross for our first goal
Raggers - 8 Hardly put a foot wrong, came forward well on a few occasions and got the assist for Moxon’s goal. What a season he’s having. 
Shockers - 7 Solid performance on a difficult night for defenders 
Ogilvie - 7 Ditto. Got forward well on several occasions and put in some good crosses
Evans - 7 Looks calm and assured on the ball. Obviously not quite match fit, hence being subbed and perhaps an excuse for not tracking back for one of their goals
Pack - 8 All over the place as usual. Sprayed a lot of excellent passes and generally kept the game going
Lane - 6 Been quieter the last couple of games. Probably knackered after a long season with hardly a break
Saydee - 6 Not his best match. Battled well as always but missed a good chance and his error led to one of their goals 
Bish - 8 Another who put in a helluva shift, both in attack and defence. Excellent assist for Abu’s goal 
Kamara - 8 Not so free running as on other occasions but still caused a lot of problems and took his goal excellently. Tracked back well too to help Raffs out on a number of occasions. They obviously saw him as the danger man as he often had 3 on him

Subs: Moxon shored things up pretty well and scored an absolute cracker, first of many hopefully 
Yengi battled well, not much came off for him
Tino looked pretty sharp after so long out and probably should have won a penalty 
Whyte only on for a couple of minutes

All in all an excellent point on a difficult night against a fast breaking effective Derby side. Keeps us in a very strong position. Three points against Shrewsbury should almost see us over the line. Only 4 losses in over 50 league games is an incredible stat. Gonna have to start believing we are the real deal! PUP
(03-04-2024, 05:06 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Norris - 7 Did pretty well on a difficult night, perhaps could have done more in their first goal as it was hit from a tight angle
Raffs - 7 Put in a couple of thunderous challenges and a great cross for our first goal
Raggers - 8 Hardly put a foot wrong, came forward well on a few occasions and got the assist for Moxon’s goal. What a season he’s having. 
Shockers - 7 Solid performance on a difficult night for defenders 
Ogilvie - 7 Ditto. Got forward well on several occasions and put in some good crosses
Evans - 7 Looks calm and assured on the ball. Obviously not quite match fit, hence being subbed and perhaps an excuse for not tracking back for one of their goals
Pack - 8 All over the place as usual. Sprayed a lot of excellent passes and generally kept the game going
Lane - 6 Been quieter the last couple of games. Probably knackered after a long season with hardly a break
Saydee - 6 Not his best match. Battled well as always but missed a good chance and his error led to one of their goals 
Bish - 8 Another who put in a helluva shift, both in attack and defence. Excellent assist for Abu’s goal 
Kamara - 8 Not so free running as on other occasions but still caused a lot of problems and took his goal excellently. Tracked back well too to help Raffs out on a number of occasions. They obviously saw him as the danger man as he often had 3 on him

Subs: Moxon shored things up pretty well and scored an absolute cracker, first of many hopefully 
Yengi battled well, not much came off for him
Tino looked pretty sharp after so long out and probably should have won a penalty 
Whyte only on for a couple of minutes

All in all an excellent point on a difficult night against a fast breaking effective Derby side. Keeps us in a very strong position. Three points against Shrewsbury should almost see us over the line. Only 4 losses in over 50 league games is an incredible stat. Gonna have to start believing we are the real deal! PUP
Can't argue strongly against any of those. MOTM a toss-up for me between Pack & Raggett.
Home crowd, 6. Too many left their big, hairy, man bollocks at home and turned up with tiny, little peas in the pouch.
Good result that.

Important we didn't lose ground to them.

We are very difficult to beat.
Fox - 9 Showed great pace down the wing and got round the back of the defence.

I thought the left side of our defence looked a bit shoddy and slow to react on several occasions, for the second goal particularly. Communication between players was patchy, often seemed to be on a different wavelength (see Raggers intercepted crossfield ball to Kamara going out for a goal kick).

Crowd was decent where I was towards the back of D in the Fratton End but it is difficult to get excited when the ball is going from side to side in the middle of the park with very little movement in the midfield to pull markers out of position.

Saydee really did have one of those games, looks the part but fails a lot of the time to bring the ball down and get it away. For such a unit he gets muscled off the ball a lot.

Not great conditions and was a good point with both teams mostly cancelling each other out. Could have had no complaints if that finished 2-1 to Derby. May have been a better game if this was the start of the season and not the end.
(03-04-2024, 07:44 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Fox - 9 Showed great pace down the wing and got round the back of the defence.

I thought the left side of our defence looked a bit shoddy and slow to react on several occasions, for the second goal particularly. Communication between players was patchy, often seemed to be on a different wavelength (see Raggers intercepted crossfield ball to Kamara going out for a goal kick).

Crowd was decent where I was towards the back of D in the Fratton End but it is difficult to get excited when the ball is going from side to side in the middle of the park with very little movement in the midfield to pull markers out of position.

Saydee really did have one of those games, looks the part but fails a lot of the time to bring the ball down and get it away. For such a unit he gets muscled off the ball a lot.

Not great conditions and was a good point with both teams mostly cancelling each other out. Could have had no complaints if that finished 2-1 to Derby. May have been a better game if this was the start of the season and not the end.

No complaints? If Derby had sneaked that it would have been THE smash and grab win. Morris barely had a save to make and they spent most of the game parking the bus. You can certainly tell how they have lost six more games than us this season.

Just really gutting that the weather affected the game so much.
Derby defended very well and even Mousinho said we weren't smart enough at times. I think it was just about even on balance but had we failed to get the point without the moment of magic from Moxon it wouldn't have been a travesty as we weren't exactly battering their keeper.

Only 4 shots on target from each side, we had two thirds of the possession but did the same with that as Derby did with their third. I just felt that they executed their game plan a little bit better than we did ours.
Must admit I thought a few of our players had an off day. The weather obviously didn’t help and the crowd weren’t as volatile as I thought they’d be, maybe it’s because we went behind and anxiety took over.Anyway here’s my thoughts from a damp FE.

Norris 6 could’ve done better for both goals, not great at covering his near post especially from long shots.
Raffs 6.5 good cross for first goal but too indecisive especially in the second half.
Raggs 8 my MOM, steady as a rock
Shocks 7.5 another rock
Ogilvie 7 did well getting forward
Pack 7.5 great captain
Evans 7 should get better with more games, nice control
Kamara 6.5 great goal and the only reason not a 6. He gave up in the second half, poor body language, don’t think he enjoyed the weather/ conditions.
Saydee 6 not a 10 not a striker, not sure what he offers tbh other than awkwardness.
Lane 6 never really got into it, not helped by having to chase hopeful long balls from Norris.
Bishop 7.5 put himself about , offers the team a lot.

Moxon 7 great goal reminded me of Norris against the scum
Whyte, Anjorin, Yengi all 6.5

Ref 7 although missed a penalty.
It seemed that Kamara tired badly second half, but White did fine when he came on.
Pity Ogilvie has a large bum Big Grin
Lane I would have put down to five for this game, seems far from his best, hopefully just tired and needs a break.
Evans I would have knocked a point off for not defending the box which is part of the job sitting deep. Needs to watch what Kamara now does every single game as regards tracking back. Lane was struggling to do that last night too.
Yengi seemed to be bothered by a kick to the ankle soon after coming on, was not quite at his best after that.
Saydee was really good apart from getting excited when faced with an empty net.
I thought Norris was ok actually given the conditions and those shots were both going in (far corner incidentally) don't think many keepers would have stopped them. Shame Saydee did not skid shoot like that actually!.
Raffs is not quite at his best right now either.
Ref I agree 7 and probably as good as most of the players.
and for their manager's comments. 10 points.
Not what I was expecting from various postings on line.
And he has a Richie Barker in his coaching team. The same one? If so the manager must be some sort of genius.
Yes the very same Richie Barker.
(03-04-2024, 09:30 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]It seemed that Kamara tired badly second half, but White did fine when he came on.

That's the dilemma we have for Saturday. Kamara and Lane both look a bit knackered but it is such a key game that it must be tempting to just throw then both in. I would be tempted to gamble a bit on starting Whyte on Saturday in Kamara's place then bringing Lane off later in the game for Anjorin/Kamara/Sparkes.
(03-04-2024, 02:16 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2024, 09:30 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]It seemed that Kamara tired badly second half, but White did fine when he came on.

That's the dilemma we have for Saturday. Kamara and Lane both look a bit knackered but it is such a key game that it must be tempting to just throw then both in. I would be tempted to gamble a bit on starting Whyte on Saturday in Kamara's place then bringing Lane off later in the game for Anjorin/Kamara/Sparkes.

I'd go the other way ... start Kamara because he is on fire at the moment, and rest Lane who has been below his very best for several games now.
Norris. Did very well on several occasions. Not easy conditions for either keeper. Would have saved the second of Conor hadn’t farted at the wrong time. 7

Ogilvie. Got up and down well all night. Unfortunately, Derby exploited that fact. It happens. 7

Shockers. He didn’t look as composed last night. Probably realised how exposed he was when Derby countered down our left. 7

Raggett. Got caught for pace once but other than that, very solid and our most effective passer on the night. MOM 8.5

Rafferty. Not as good as I’ve seen him but probably more effective going forward. 7

Pack. Didn’t shine as much but Derby were targeting our midfield. Still composed 8

Evans. Very impressed with his class. 8

Lane. Had to work hard to get onto the end of any passes. 6.5

Saydee. Struggled to control the ball as well as he normally does. 6.5

Bishop. Very workmanlike performance. Fantastic pass to put Kamara in. 8

Kamara. A great goal but really struggled with the conditions and the close marking he received. Far better in defence. His tracking back is superb. 7

Anjorin. Saw nothing from him that impressed. 6

Moxon. A great goal and a very able replacement for Evans. 8

Yengi. Again, the conditions didn’t suit our skilful players. 6.5

Whyte. Looked happier than Kamara but then they weren’t looking for him so much. 7

It occurred to me that it would have been a good idea to switch the wingers for a bit. It would have given their defence a headache.
switching the wingers, especially as they have played on both wings this season would seem an old fashioned and obvious thing to do when its not quite working.
(03-04-2024, 03:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norris. Did very well on several occasions. Not easy conditions for either keeper. Would have saved the second of Conor hadn’t farted at the wrong time. 7

Ogilvie. Got up and down well all night. Unfortunately, Derby exploited that fact. It happens. 7

Shockers. He didn’t look as composed last night. Probably realised how exposed he was when Derby countered down our left. 7

Raggett. Got caught for pace once but other than that, very solid and our most effective passer on the night. MOM 8.5

Rafferty. Not as good as I’ve seen him but probably more effective going forward. 7

Pack. Didn’t shine as much but Derby were targeting our midfield. Still composed 8

Evans. Very impressed with his class. 8

Lane. Had to work hard to get onto the end of any passes. 6.5

Saydee. Struggled to control the ball as well as he normally does. 6.5

Bishop. Very workmanlike performance. Fantastic pass to put Kamara in. 8

Kamara. A great goal but really struggled with the conditions and the close marking he received. Far better in defence. His tracking back is superb. 7

Anjorin. Saw nothing from him that impressed. 6

Moxon. A great goal and a very able replacement for Evans. 8

Yengi. Again, the conditions didn’t suit our skilful players. 6.5

Whyte. Looked happier than Kamara but then they weren’t looking for him so much. 7

It occurred to me that it would have been a good idea to switch the wingers for a bit. It would have given their defence a headache.

V.accurate from what I witnessed. Kamara took his goal well. Problem then was Derby doubled & trebled up on him as they'sd done their homeweork. Lane was marked out of the game by Wilson. Really impressed with Evans in the 1st half spreading the ball about but due to lack of match fitness faded early in the 2nd half but Moxon came on with a point to prove & scored a stunning goal. Derby were looking to hit on the break which they did with great effect via Blackett-Taylor who took on the whole of ourdefence with ease. We should have  marked him tighter as their danger man. Ward took both his goals well but should have been closed down.
I thought Saydee was the villain of the piece last night, he missed a relatively simple chance in the first half, then decided to shoot rather than pass to Bishop in the second. That’s two goals we should have had and therefore I’d give him no more than 4.

Lane was out of sorts and the full back had him in his pocket all night. I’d have taken him off quite early on.

Really good game though, a good advert for the league and a point will do just nicely.
(03-04-2024, 10:24 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Saydee was the villain of the piece last night, he missed a relatively simple chance in the first half, then decided to shoot rather than pass to Bishop in the second. That’s two goals we should have had and therefore I’d give him no more than 4.

Lane was out of sorts and the full back had him in his pocket all night. I’d have taken him off quite early on.

Really good game though, a good advert for the league and a point will do just nicely.

I really think Saydee was adversely affected by the harsh early booking he got. That kind of nullified him a bit because if he'd caught somebody on that pitch then we could have been down to 10. It's also scary to think he's 21 and playing in such an important game.

Also, watching the excellent Inside Pompey youtube video of the game, it clearly shows Anjorin getting clipped at the ankle and its a penalty. Didn't think it was from my position in the Fratton End. Makes up for the Rafferty handball for the equaliser I guess...