TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Lowery & Lang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully will be seeing them back soon. Massive boost if we can get them in for a couple of games. Wonder what will come first, promotion or them both back?  Big Grin

https://youtu.be/ik_h_y6fpzY?si=eRBv_vCXgpmd0Tbj
My guess is promotion first. Lang would come back into the squad if fit but I’m not sure Lowery would make the squad now with his injury record and lack of game time. Too many other options ahead of him I suspect. Shame for him but assuming we go up I wonder if his time here is done?
After Morrell, I think lowery is the next in line to partner Pack. If he's fit, I would expect him to be played.
Not Moxon?
Owen Moxen still needs to get just that bit fitter.
He was sensational Tuesday and JM probably realises Evans was wrong for the Derby game.
I still expect Owen to regain his place and play for 70 mins at full tilt before Evans comes on.
Soon, Owen will nail his own place down though.
He's definitely good enough
(05-04-2024, 06:10 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Owen Moxen still needs to get just that bit fitter.
He was sensational Tuesday and JM probably realises Evans was wrong for the Derby game.
I still expect Owen to regain his place and play for 70 mins at full tilt before Evans comes on.
Soon, Owen will nail his own place down though.
He's definitely good enough

I thought Evans was perfect for the Derby game - a game where experience really matters. He did well, and was never going to play more than an hour. Moxon coming on fresh proved crucial in a way that we would probably not have seen had he started the game. 

Moxon will start tomorrow though, we need a more attacking midfield for this one from the start.. 

And I'd expect Evans to start at Bolton.
(05-04-2024, 03:58 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]After Morrell, I think lowery is the next in line to partner Pack. If he's fit, I would expect him to be played.

Bloody hell I wouldn't. The games he's played this season he's been ok but nothing more. Moxon & Evans before him for me.
Of course the key phrase you used is if he's fit..well quite.  Big Grin
Lowery did add a bit of quick thinking and passing that we missed when he and Morrell were both out. Lang and Evans have both added that to the team when in.
I still think Moxon adds more energy and tackles back better as did Morrell.
Derby's goals will have been watched around the league so we'd better plug that gap for the rest of the season.
(05-04-2024, 03:40 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is promotion first. Lang would come back into the squad if fit but I’m not sure Lowery would make the squad now with his injury record and lack of game time. Too many other options ahead of him I suspect. Shame for him but assuming we go up I wonder if his time here is done?

Are they even back in training?
(06-04-2024, 01:29 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2024, 03:40 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is promotion first. Lang would come back into the squad if fit but I’m not sure Lowery would make the squad now with his injury record and lack of game time. Too many other options ahead of him I suspect. Shame for him but assuming we go up I wonder if his time here is done?

Are they even back in training?
Yes..from the OS... "Callum Lang (ankle) and Tom Lowery (hamstring) are closing in on a return, but Saturday’s game comes too soon for the pair."
Lowery now available for selection.
A fit Lowery adds something and is a good option for coming on later on in a game.

Quite happy with Moxon and I like what I’ve seen of Evans too.

We’re quite spoilt for choice in midfield.
As much as I hate saggychops, one of the (many) things he did right withall his teams was to pack the midfield with talent. Its cliche but its where games are won and lost.
It was interesting hearing Mousinho talk up Lowery's impact. Even though he's only played a pretty small number of games. That run of games after Orient smashed us was so important for out season which could have imploded spectacularly. Lang too has already had a big impact.