TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Poor performance today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But 3 points, 
We looked like we are the biggest danger to ourselves.
I fcuking dare anyone to slag Raggett off as without him we would have been in trouble today.
Without doubt the best heading and kicking centre half in the league and we are so very lucky to have him.
Well done Sean
And he was left looking in Swanson's direction a few times but never mouths off.
Reaching legendary cult status.
POTS for me after today
Again, the slow, tippy-tappy defensive nonsense, with players not even looking for a forward pass.  Shrewsbury were, undoubtedly, the worst team at FP this season and were there for the taking. On the odd occasions Pompey moved quickly, they were straight through them. That's how it should have been all game.
When's the last time we took the lead early and then went on to score the next goal? Feels like decades ago. Raggs was a towering behemoth again. He's got absolutely no competition for his place at present but he's playing like prime Maldini is on our bench waiting for a start.
Strange lack of urgency today. The tippy tippy at the back was very wearing especially against a team that could have struggled against a more enthusiastic onslaught.
I thought in the second half we could have done with a bit more tippy tappy. After they scored we switched the wingers and kept going long too early. Possibly not helped by Bishop not being there to soak up the ball and the defenders.
(06-04-2024, 05:37 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]When's the last time we took the lead early and then went on to score the next goal? Feels like decades ago. Raggs was a towering behemoth again. He's got absolutely no competition for his place at present but he's playing like prime Maldini is on our bench waiting for a start.

Should have been MOTM. Bishop's two goals were invaluable but I'm not sure he did a great deal else.
(06-04-2024, 05:39 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2024, 05:37 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]When's the last time we took the lead early and then went on to score the next goal? Feels like decades ago. Raggs was a towering behemoth again. He's got absolutely no competition for his place at present but he's playing like prime Maldini is on our bench waiting for a start.

Should have been MOTM. Bishop's two goals were invaluable but I'm not sure he did a great deal else.

I wouldn't agree that Bishop did not much else. He made good runs all game but yes Raggett and Pack had great cases for MOTM and goals tend to get weighted a bit too heavily in these things.
Intensity levels were not there today. Mous will not be happy with that. We need to be at it for Bolton
I'd cut them a bit of slack after 3 matches in 9 days - 8 goals scored & another 7 points on the board at a critical time of the season.

A weeks rest with some light training & then finish the job at the Notlobbers will do for me.
(06-04-2024, 06:25 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]I'd cut them a bit of slack after 3 matches in 9 days - 8 goals scored & another 7 points on the board at a critical time of the season.

A weeks rest plus some light training & finish the job at the Notlobbers will do me.

Totally agree. Derby was a full on intense game played in appalling weather so I will cut them some slack. They always turn up when they need to, time and time again.
It happens, 'tis the nature of football. We've played better and not come away with all 3 points so this is just the season evening itself out.
(06-04-2024, 05:34 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Again, the slow, tippy-tappy defensive nonsense, with players not even looking for a forward pass.  Shrewsbury were, undoubtedly, the worst team at FP this season and were there for the taking. On the odd occasions Pompey moved quickly, they were straight through them. That's how it should have been all game.

We struggled to break through their front line today. 

You keep banging on about the ‘tippy-tappy’ nonsense. Have you checked on our league position lately?
Job done 3 points
(06-04-2024, 08:44 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2024, 05:34 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Again, the slow, tippy-tappy defensive nonsense, with players not even looking for a forward pass.  Shrewsbury were, undoubtedly, the worst team at FP this season and were there for the taking. On the odd occasions Pompey moved quickly, they were straight through them. That's how it should have been all game.

You keep banging on about the ‘tippy-tappy’ nonsense. Have you checked on our league position lately?

The way they approached the game yesterday, they could easily have lost it. The crowd wasn't inspired by it either.
(07-04-2024, 06:14 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2024, 08:44 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

The way they approached the game yesterday, they could easily have lost it. The crowd wasn't inspired by it either.
I agree but we struggled to break through their front line. Shrewsbury did the best job they could and it frustrated us. I’m interested to know what tactics you would have employed.