TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: My ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good start by the Cowleys, when the players get used to what they want it should be good football to watch. 

McG 7   Not much to do, did nothing wrong
Bolton 7 Solid at the back, not so good getting forward
Whatmough 7 Back to solid reliable best
Raggett 5 At fault for the goal and caught in possession again. OK in the air but nothing else. 
Brown 8 MOTM for me, solid at the back and created all sorts of problems getting forward 
Harness 6 Took his goal well but his touch wasn't quite there generally and he lost possession a lot  
Naylor 6 Took his goal well and usual interceptions were good but his passing was poor again far too often. Bit worried he may struggle with the speed and accuracy of passing needed under the Cowleys 
Cannon 5 Not at his best, and worryingly his passing also looked poor when asked to do it more quickly. Also gave away too many free kicks
Curtis 8 Revitalised. Set up both goals and generally looked very sharp. Going to miss him next saturday. 
Williams 6 Great pressing and energy but usual lack of end product with  the ball 
Hiwula  5 Showed us why he doesn't get picked often, but to be fair central striker is not his thing. 

Subs
Close 8 I thought the style of the game was crying out for him and he didn't disappoint when he got on. We looked the better team from the moment he came on. He will thrive under the Cowleys.
Jacobs 7 Some nice touches, and more defensive effort than usual. 

Cowleys : It's nearly two years since we came from behind to win a game. Say no more.
Can't disagree with those marks. Energy and commitment 9 from everyone and that's down to the Cowleys.
You can't overstate the value of Close today, he was magnificent I thought, As soon as he came on the passing and cohesion improved  and he was a revelation in keeping the ball in those nervous last 20 minutes or so . He must stay in the side as clearly Cowley's style is going to suit him.
Agreed all round and for me Close starts next week. Marquis might return for Hiwula. Maybe he will perform better under new coach.
I think the Cowleys have made a huge step forward in convincing some people (me at least) that there is something about them.

Interested to see that Close could play an important role. Always rated him and think he can make the grade in the correct system.

Still a lot of hoofing going on but the players confidence seems to be returning. Onwards and upwards.
Good win, and after going behind even better.
Spot on Deep. Close for me is a far better player than he is given credit for. He is not a defensive holding midfielder that Jackett wanted him to play, he is far better as a forward thinking midfielder. I have always maintained he could easily play in the championship. 

If they can play week in week out with the high intensity pressing game that i believe DC wants to play
then i can see us making the playoffs.
Thanks for the Ratings Deep & having watched the Club Utube interview with the brothers it's clear that they want to play fast attacking football. Music to all supporters ears after 4 boring years of Jacketball & playing for a draw each game. Also, glad both Close & Hiwula got a look in today. As has already been said his best position is an attacking midfielder who scores goals which we need especially at present with both main strikers injured. Jackett for some unknown reason couldn't see it & played him in a defensive role. If we take it nice & slowly I can see us improving game by game making the play-offs with impetus of coming from behind.
Yes, can't argue with any of those Deep, our game management in the last 15 mins was good, didn't go all defensive like Jackett teams & invite pressure. We even had Brown in their half near the corner flag helping Curtis out.
(20-03-2021, 05:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the Ratings Deep & having watched the Club Utube interview with the brothers it's clear that they want to play fast attacking football. Music to all supporters ears after 4 boring years of Jacketball & playing for a draw each game. Also, glad both Close & Hiwula got a look in today. As has already been said his best position is an attacking midfielder who scores goals which we need especially at present with both main strikers injured. Jackett for some unknown reason couldn't see it & played him in a defensive role. If we take it nice & slowly I can see us improving game by game making the play-offs with impetus of coming from behind.

Jackett's first thought was defensive so it's no surprise that he tried to turn Close into a defensive midfielder. Both Byers and White could well under the Cowley's with the quick passing and forward moving football style.
Fantastic performance by Close, who really turned the game upside down.
Curtis was superb for the last half hour, a complete contrast to the early part of the game.
Raggett is really struggling to hold it together at the moment.
Hiwula is definitely not suited to that central role up front.
Brown was the best player on the pitch.
Just a little mention for Bolton who has proved us all wrong. Wonder what was wrong with him when he first played and appeared so very poor. Now looks at least decent for this league.
I think that the lack of people slating him, supports what you say, Hammie. He's not in the same league as Johnson, going forward, but has been a steady stand in, in defensive duties.