TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wanderlust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oi! What’s your excuse for not giving us more tickets?

Trot over (DYSWIDT) to the Lincoln thread and give us your opinion please old chap.
I have wandered all over fratton Park this season if that helps.
We need a bigger North Upper post haste!
I can see our not getting any chance to go at all next season with bigger away numbers.
The Milton End is fantastic at the moment, like the Sunday Wimbledon fans.
(07-04-2024, 03:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Oi! What’s your excuse for not giving us more tickets?

Trot over (DYSWIDT) to the Lincoln thread and give us your opinion please old chap.

Are you talking to Sav? He doesn't seem to play on here anymore so he probably won't hear you. He's got new friends he hangs around with these days I hear now he's American.
I'm wandering around Texas for the total eclipse tomorrow. Would trade it for a ticket on Sat. :-)
(07-04-2024, 04:12 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2024, 03:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Oi! What’s your excuse for not giving us more tickets?

Are you talking to Sav? He doesn't seem to play on here anymore so he probably won't hear you. He's got new friends he hangs around with these days I hear now he's American.

Nope. Talking to Wanderlust.

I have a feeling he’ll be dropping in on us over the next few days. He was on here during the Derby game.
OK I'm in.
Not enough tickets? Obviously it wasn't my decision - so don't start Smile - but I may be able to shed some light on it.

Emotions in Bolton are running high, mainly because we totally blew our run at the title from the end of January (when we were 2 points off the top with 3 aka THREE games in hand) and it all went to pot. At that stage it was "we're going to win the league" jingoism. We had the games in hand because of cancellations due to internationals, cup matches etc and we were kicking ass at the time, but that led to a massive congestion fixture where we played twice a a week pretty much ever since which coincided with (or caused) loads of injuries to key players (11 out at one point) and it just spiralled out of control. The games in hand were frittered away and our performances were awful. By now it was doom and gloom.
However. only Pompey were able to take full advantage of our demise, plugging away, racking up points and the shitter we got the more the teams around us closed in, notably Derby and Posh - but not enough. TBH we were that bad at one stage it was "we won't even make the playoffs and we don't deserve to". BWFC fans were demoralised and hit rock bottom when we lost to Wigan (FFS!) and Blackpool in consecutive games but some folk kept saying "we're still in the mix" etc etc and we responded by thumping Oxford 5 nil. By now it was more "we'll can still get 2nd"  rather than "we're going to win the league". Went to Derby expecting to win and dominated them but lost (robbed TBH) so now it was "OK we're at least in the playoffs". Then Derby cock it up on account of them being shit and we're back to "automatics are back on".
With all this hope/no hope/OK a little bit of hope emotional roller coaster nonsense going on the trenches mentality started to set in - partially by accident. There was an experiment of seating BWFC behind BOTH goals in one of our "community day" matches (you know - put on some entertainers, fill the ground, cheap tickets, invite everyone jobs) and relegating the away fans to the upper tiers. Frankly it changed the vibe as traditionally we have an away end and some of the clubs we play in League 1 bring a few hundred and are given an entire end which seats 5 or 6 thousand so it kills the atmosphere.
So now the club are experimenting with mixing it up a bit.
We're a community club and this isn't the 70s with running battles before during and after any more - thank f***.
Our average home attendance is similar to yours so there will be around 25 thousand on tomorrow and I think the plan is to put both home and away fans in the away end.
To add to the spice, there's a thing on social media invoking a quote from ex manager Bruce Rioch in 1995 when we were playing Wolves in the (now Championship) playoff semi final (see below) which exhorts the fans to create an "intimidating atmosphere" for the next three games which are all at home - and Evatt has sort of endorsed it.
For us, we have somehow put ourselves into a position where we have to win every game now.
For you guys, you need to be there in case you win promotion (although we'd appreciate it if you put that on hold for a while Smile )
So basically, it's because we want to split the Pompey fans in order to get more of our own support in and around the pitch.

[Image: GK1Rs0SXcAINok3?format=jpg&name=small]
As Pompey fans, your story rings too many bells for comfort.

I have to say that I reckoned on you not making the autos and possibly failing in the playoffs too. Didn’t bank on Derby gradually crumbling. It looks like Peterborough have hauled themselves back in with a chance, so you’ve got at least two cup finals before the end of season.

Can’t accommodate your wishes for delaying, I’m afraid. I’ve got a personal desire to see us get 102 points in total.
(12-04-2024, 12:56 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]As Pompey fans, your story rings too many bells for comfort.

I have to say that I reckoned on you not making the autos and possibly failing in the playoffs too. Didn’t bank on Derby gradually crumbling. It looks like Peterborough have hauled themselves back in with a chance, so you’ve got at least two cup finals before the end of season.

Can’t accommodate your wishes for delaying, I’m afraid. I’ve got a personal desire to see us get 102 points in total.

However, if you do the decent thing and roll over for us - or Dion Charles makes a return and makes amends for the misses in the match at your place, especially that unbelievable open goal tap in - it could set up a final day "winner takes all" thriller away at the Posh - figuratively if not literally our "cup final". And we didn't go to Wembley this year, so we could do with a good day out.
You can win the title anytime, so you surely wouldn't want to spoil our fun....would you?
I think it will be a cracking game tomorrow. I can see it being a 3-2 in either direction
(12-04-2024, 09:42 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think it will be a cracking game tomorrow. I can see it being a 3-2 in either direction

My ticker won't take it if it's that close....
After all the build up, a nil nil is probably the bookies' favourite.
(12-04-2024, 09:24 AM)Wanderlust Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2024, 12:56 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]As Pompey fans, your story rings too many bells for comfort.

However, if you do the decent thing and roll over for us - or Dion Charles makes a return and makes amends for the misses in the match at your place, especially that unbelievable open goal tap in - it could set up a final day "winner takes all" thriller away at the Posh - figuratively if not literally our "cup final". And we didn't go to Wembley this year, so we could do with a good day out.
You can win the title anytime, so you surely wouldn't want to spoil our fun....would you?
Sorry, mate. We’ve done our bit to give you an opportunity all season. We’ve performed against your closest opponents and this game is about us now. 

Good luck to you for the rest of the campaign but not today. This one is ours and we want it.
Congratulations on a much deserved promotion folks. Enjoy!
(16-04-2024, 09:10 PM)Wanderlust Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on a much deserved promotion folks. Enjoy!

Cheers WL. And good luck to the Wanderers in the still not impossible hunt for second or at least the playoffs. Derby, Pompey and Bolton are the most deserving of going up by a mile.
I will always have time for Bolton supporters. There are a lot of football clubs to choose from in that area and the support has always been right up there in my time
Yes, their twitter fans are generally sordid deviants who need locking up (as do a fair few of our own), but the real life ones tend to be thoroughly pleasant.