TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Everton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Docked two more points. The PL seem determined to get rid of them. What about Man City?
They never go for the rich, big clubs. Scotland, to their credit, did.
I won't be at all surprised to see Man City judged at such a time as they can count the exact number of points that will not effect them in any material way, then award just that penalty. As money don't matter to them, finishing a place or two lower, but still in Europe, would be just such a "punishment"
Ultimately its about owners greed for success , we have experienced it and look how long its taken for us to recover, there is a certain london club who have bought their success , at present they haven't been punished , but they still seam to spend incredible amounts of money on players because they can. thats immoral and riuns the game .
The Italian league relegated Juventus a few years ago
(08-04-2024, 02:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They never go for the rich, big clubs. Scotland, to their credit, did.
I won't be at all surprised to see Man City judged at such a time as they can count the exact number of points that will not effect them in any material way, then award just that penalty. As money don't matter to them, finishing a place or two lower, but still in Europe, would be just such a "punishment"

I read an article a month or two back from a  manchester journalist who said that he knew City were making plans for what they would do after relegation.  That cannot be an impossibility, and they would take Chelsea with them.
(08-04-2024, 03:36 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2024, 02:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They never go for the rich, big clubs. Scotland, to their credit, did.

I read an article a month or two back from a  manchester journalist who said that he knew City were making plans for what they would do after relegation.  That cannot be an impossibility, and they would take Chelsea with them.

I'll repeat what I said the other day, I'd spoken with someone who reckoned they were itk about this and said City should be preparing for life in the Championship. Didn't say anything about Chelsea though.
Well they are scousers albeit toffees.

Citeh however...
The Premier League encouraged the spend spend spend culture. Then act surprised when clubs do just that.
Hm, could be fun playing Man city and Chelsea next season. Definitely keep Raggett he'd frighten the hell out of the pretty boys.
Would be even more fun to see them balance their budgets in the champ, especially Chelski with their millions of young players.
Ze Germans have shown us all how it should be done. Stable ownership, sensible financial regulation, fan ownership/ veto power, reasonable ticket pricing, beers in the stands.

The Premier League is the epitome of greed and are getting exactly what they deserve. They are an embarrassment to the sport.
WOULD be fun playing Manchester City next season Hammie - but they could be in the Northern Prem -

probably all depends on the amount of GONADS possessed by the rule makers !
People don't shit in their own nest.

They will wait for a year where they are 12 points clear and fine then 12 points
Yep, probably right on there Slay .
(10-04-2024, 08:08 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]People don't shit in their own nest.

They will wait for a year where they are 12 points clear and fine then 12 points

Deducting points will mean nothing to the likes of Man City. Relegating them would just allow them to storm their way up back to PL at the expense of the championship teams that season. Take their trophies away from them.

Not going to happen and, to be honest, I don't really care. We allow a group of people who kill journalists, suppress human rights and executive their own citizens for disagreeing with them, to own our football clubs. I have no respect for that league.