TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Eisners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you. This is down to you. You can put two fingers up at the moaners and doubters. The first owners to actually invest in infrastructure in God knows how long. PUP
Fantastic vindication of their ownership and their methods.
(16-04-2024, 11:43 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic vindication of their ownership and their methods.

They did what they said they would do, I salute them.
(16-04-2024, 11:52 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2024, 11:43 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic vindication of their ownership and their methods.

They did what they said they would do, I salute them.

That January window was crucial. We were flagging under the injuries and fatigue and desperately needed fresh impetus. I know MPH has struggled but his debut was great and momentum building. Lang has more than played his part and Moxon was crucial after the Morrell and Lowery injuries. Mcintyre only got a half but looked a good player in that time and the Macey signing was important reassurance after the Schofield disaster against Wimbledon in the pizza trophy even if he has yet to play this season. The owners backed the manager big time.
I give them massive credit for recognising the moment and acting. I feel like they were advised that League One was going to be weaker this year at the sharp end relative to last season and they made the signings required in the summer. Then they doubled down on that with their January assistance.

I feel like if we hadn't gone up this season then we would have next season but that wasn't a chance they were willing to take and rightly so.
Not going up would have probably seen the squad raided, loans especially Kamara not back next year. Now we are well set to offer him and Anjorin the chance for a year in the Champ. The best owners in my life time, in so many ways. Onwards to the next delivery of bricks please.