TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: A word from scum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Listen.....

Another Trophy!. Wink Big Grin

We stay up next season, and beat them coonts twice is the aim...
Tbf they're making a pretty good stab at automatic promotion to the prem, so probably best not to take the piss too much
Yes, at the rate the teams above them are bottling it, they might sneak in through the back door.
Convinced some people hate the scum more than they love Pompey. Why do those irrelevant lot get a mention in the context of another trophy win? Or do you think they are the prize?
Beating them is always nice but I never look out for their results while Pompey are playing. They are largely an irrelevance to me.
(17-04-2024, 07:13 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Convinced some people hate the scum more than they love Pompey. Why do those irrelevant lot get a mention in the context of another trophy win? Or do you think they are the prize?

User Name!...... Huh Big Grin
It would be nice for the club to publish a picture of our new improved trophy cabinet with all our historic pots.
(17-04-2024, 06:57 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, at the rate the teams above them are bottling it, they might sneak in through the back door.

Like with Shergar?
Getting Promoted is proof of desire and a will to win displayed throughout a Season -

- pretty much the same as not giving up if you are losing a game towards the end of 90 minutes ....... so a bit like Pompey really.
(17-04-2024, 07:16 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Beating them is always nice but I never look out for their results while Pompey are playing. They are largely an irrelevance to me.

To me they have always been make-weights, a lot like Everton but without the history. Really, you have to be sorry for their fans, so you can't hate them. More a question of pity. Rolleyes
I would be gutted if I followed a club that just existed.

Pompey is the ride of a lifetime, fighting either to go up, stay up or stay in business and hardly ever any mid tabling.

From a certain point of view, sometimes I wonder if we all realise how fortunate we are compared to large numbers of the other 92 in this regard?