TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: IFollow swallowed up by Sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this mean no more streams every week / only when sky feature us?
Correct.
Shyte, unless they stream us every week
Or unless the Eisner's come up with their own version as has been men6before.
Can they do that? Thought EFL held the licensing rights and sold them as a bloc
As I read it ifollow haven't been " swallowed up by Sky". It only affects ifollow midweek matches that were broadcast on ifollow for domestic viewers.

International viewers will still be able to watch ALL  matches on ifollow (or the clubs own channel)  Or if you use a VPN through Portsmouth-on-Frankfurt/New York/Paris etc etc etc
(19-04-2024, 02:33 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]As I read it ifollow haven't been " swallowed up by Sky". It only affects ifollow midweek matches that were broadcast on ifollow for domestic viewers.

International viewers will still be able to watch ALL  matches on ifollow (or the clubs own channel)  Or if you use a VPN through Portsmouth-on-Frankfurt/New York/Paris etc etc etc

Correct. People will still be able to watch the games every week like they have done for the past few years. Apparently  Big Grin
Interesting clarification, thanks
I read it as Sky to show all games, I has assumed a red button kind of thing. I also assume we would lose our very good commentator team.
I will hold on until we see what actually accrues. But .......
It would feel a bit daft for sky to buy ifollow and then not show the games - bit like buying a profitable shop and then closing it
I saw it the other way. Fuck up the fire sticks and drive up subscriptions
So long as we we can still listen to Andy Moon and Guy Whittingham on Express FM....
(21-04-2024, 03:11 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]So long as we we can still listen to Andy Moon and Guy Whittingham on Express FM....

I don't think the radio coverage from Solent that Express take is under any sort of threat.  But it looks like we will lose the Moon/Whittingham commentary from any UK TV coverage assuming Sky use their own commentators for the games they choose.  

But itt also looks to me that not every midweek game will be available to UK viewers legally, only when we are one of the games chosen by Sky.
(20-04-2024, 11:43 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I saw it the other way. Fuck up the fire sticks and drive up subscriptions

But if sky were to show every EFL game (which they arent just yet) that wouldnt make a blind bit of difference to the firesticks. In fact it would only make the links better as sky sports productions are a lot better than the ifollow ones!
(22-04-2024, 10:50 AM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-04-2024, 11:43 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I saw it the other way. Fuck up the fire sticks and drive up subscriptions

But if sky were to show every EFL game (which they arent just yet) that wouldnt make a blind bit of difference to the firesticks. In fact it would only make the links better as sky sports productions are a lot better than the ifollow ones!

Sky commentators are awful, no way is their production better.
A few more cameras maybe?
Bugger, I've not lomg had my firestick.