TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: J.M.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a guy and coach.

I've watched all his interviews and am thoroughly impressed with him (think I've got man love lol) 

It's no wonder the team/squad are all united together.
What say you lot?
(20-04-2024, 09:24 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]What a guy and coach.

I've watched all his interviews and am thoroughly impressed with him (think I've got man love lol) 

What say you lot?

I agree, except with the use of the word ‘guy’.

We are not Yanks, so I would have preferred ‘bloke’, or ‘chap’ depending on how posh you are feeling  Big Grin .
Look out! its the free speech police.
Down to earth, talented and a good communicator. Seems to have that dangerous combination of being tactically aware and able to get the most from his players. 

Took his opportunity and surprised everyone (probably even himself). 

There is such a good connection between the fans and club now, I'm just excited to go into battle next year and see what happens.
(20-04-2024, 09:43 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

What say you lot?

We are not Yanks, so I would have preferred ‘bloke’, or ‘chap’ depending on how posh you are feeling  Big Grin .

Apologies Gaf.
I'm living wiv the kids lol,instead of beinging the old git that I am. Big Grin
Yes he is eloquent enough to speak well to the media but without sounding too up his own backside. It would be very easy for a young manager like him to become too matey with the players being not that much older than some of them. He has avoided that though, I like that he celebrated with the players in the changing rooms but wasn't out with them on the town, there's an art in being approachable whilst maintaining professional boundaries.

He also isn't making himself the story. There's a bit of arguing with fourth officials but no theatrics. He might do it today as a one off but I really like that generally after games he isn't doing those cringey fist pumps that managers seem to love doing these days. He applauds the fans then leaves the stage to the players. With that calmer style, when things aren't going so well you might get some of the Pompey dads longing for a manager who jumps up and down like a clown on cocaine to "get into them" but give me this over Danny Cowley's excessive 'passionate day long.

What say you lot?

Or better still mush around here.
(20-04-2024, 12:06 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

What say you lot?

Or better still mush around here.

Or even better moosh !!

What say you lot?

Mush, mush