TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie
Pack, Moxon
Kamara, Saydee, Lang
Bishop

Subs
Macey, Sparkes, Evans, Anjorin, Peart-Harris, Lane, Yengi
No experimenting there. He clearly wants a proper shackles off performance.
Looks serious. Solid middle. Expect most of that bench to get a run out from 60 if we are leading. Mous not yet in full carnival mood.....don't think that's the Mous way.
also gives the team that have mostly won the league the chance to celebrate with a league winning performance
Hmm let’s hope so. Work to be done.
Strewth that was a flat half where we played with all the intensity of a warm down.
No shots on target, no corners, Wigan virtually sharing possession but we are ahead on fouls. Any other time during the season and this board would be……. But today who really cares.
Lane seems lively, definitely sobered up since Wed.
It's the kind of performance we expected really. Mousinho has done his best to try and get them up for it but subconsciously it is basically impossible.
Nearly got a draw with wigan hanging on at the end. Be good to get a win at Lincoln next week to go out in style.
Probably will batter Lincoln now that pressure to get 100 is off
I think the squad will need a fair bit of tweaking this summer. We lose possession a lot in midfield and that'll be punished next year.
Lincoln need to win to secure a play off place -so anything could happen.
We are 5 out of 10 across the board today. Fuck it though the boys have earned the right
(20-04-2024, 05:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]I think the squad will need a fair bit of tweaking this summer. We lose possession a lot in midfield and that'll be punished next year.

We should remember that we have a lot of first picks out injured now. Morrell for instance.
(20-04-2024, 05:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]I think the squad will need a fair bit of tweaking this summer. We lose possession a lot in midfield and that'll be punished next year.

Mous seems to have been straining a bit to find a double pivot that works since the Morrell injury especially. Earlier in the season Robertson worked well in that position and Lowery looked the best of the rest since then. Evans is a nice passer but maybe because of his inactivity can't track runners. Moxon looked pretty solid but lacks the creativity that Robertson and Lowery had while MPH was far too lightweight. Anjorin actually looked quite decent in there today.
A fully match fit Evans might be better than we have seen so far.
I would prefer Robertson deep than in the 10 where we need a goal threat, Lang has shown us how much difference that can make.
Pack, Evans, Morrell, Robertson might not be the worst four to play there. Maybe lacking a little pace? Good balance of experience and young and upcoming though.
I'd probably keep Lowery as a very useful reserve to play a few games. Not certain that Moxon is good enough for a level up but he might be Pack's understudy for the more defensive role?
Anjorin looks a very decent acquisition in a squad big enough to keep him fit.
I see Whyte wasn't even named in the squad,was he injured? Not even sure I saw him at the presentation.
(21-04-2024, 09:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I see Whyte wasn't even named in the squad,was he injured? Not even sure I saw him at the presentation.
Pretty sure he was there.
He was. Took his place on the podium. Even saw him smile!