TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ridiculous to say that Robertson is worth£5-10m. If its any more than a million move on
i think he will be loaned out again, hopefully to us.
Word is the boy and his dad are very keen on our coach, Zesh. Could be a plus in Pompey's column
(23-04-2024, 08:17 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]i think he will be loaned out again, hopefully to us.

On one hand it makes sense for city to loan him out to us who they trust him with, where he's happy and who are now playing at a higher level. On the other hand after another season long loan he'll be out of contract, what happens then? They could offer him a new deal but if he's not going to be playing regularly for them- which I very much doubt he will- then he can just leave for free
Reckon 500k-750k gets him with heavy weights on add on’s and future sell on’s. He had half a good season with us before getting injured. Struggled at Ross county so only had half a good season in his young career.
(23-04-2024, 08:17 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]i think he will be loaned out again, hopefully to us.

Man City can only loan out 6 players over the age of 21. Will they want to waste a loan slot on a lad in the last year of his contract who wishes to leave?
Great player and I’d definitely pay £2 million for him, it would be a great investment.

Any more than that would be a gamble at this stage of his career.
I think we could get him for between 500K and £1M depending on add-ons
(23-04-2024, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think we could get him for between 500K and £1M depending on add-ons

Well I hope you are right, he’d be a bargain at that price imo.
So going by this thread, we could get him from between 500k and 12 million. Good to have it narrowed down so precisely.
transfermarkt Have got him down at around 700k value
(23-04-2024, 01:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]transfermarkt Have got him down at around 700k value

that sounds reasonable for a decent young midfielder with little goal threat
(23-04-2024, 07:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2024, 01:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]transfermarkt Have got him down at around 700k value

Spot on, Hammie. Personally, I wouldn’t give any more than 500k for him. Not much more than a good league one player, with a possibility of improving.
Listed as one of the 50 most promising young players in the world just a few years back. Exactly the sort of high potential upside signing we need to make with future resale value in mind.
McCrory, Azeez, Scarlett.

Promise doesn’t always produce. How many times do we read about England Under 18s who end up in non league?
Not much difference between five hundred thousand and two million for Man City. The difference will be even smaller with the large sell on fee they will want in the deal as well.
(24-04-2024, 06:55 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]McCrory, Azeez, Scarlett.

Promise doesn’t always produce. How many times do we read about England Under 18s who end up in non league?

They aren't really comparable. Robertson has shown his quality in a Pompey shirt, the others not so much. If we can get Robertson for south of 2 million then it is a gamble very worth taking. More than that will probably be a tougher decision.
(24-04-2024, 04:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Spot on, Hammie. Personally, I wouldn’t give any more than 500k for him. Not much more than a good league one player, with a possibility of improving.

Are you just fishing for comments or are you really that bereft of football knowledge?

His transfer value is debatable, his footballing ability most certainly is not.

All this talk of lack of ‘goal threat’ is total nonsense, goals are created by team play mostly and you don’t actually have to score a goal to be involved in it.
I always fish for comments, Gaff. I like the debate. If everyone agreed with everything said on here, it would be a very short debate.

What do you feel are his strengths and weaknesses and how on earth would you justify a 2 million price tag?
(24-04-2024, 11:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I always fish for comments, Gaff. I like the debate. If everyone agreed with everything said on here, it would be a very short debate.

What do you feel are his strengths and weaknesses and how on earth would you justify  a 2 million price tag?

It's just the going rate for young, creative midfield players at our level really.
(24-04-2024, 11:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I always fish for comments, Gaff. I like the debate. If everyone agreed with everything said on here, it would be a very short debate.

What do you feel are his strengths and weaknesses and how on earth would you justify  a 2 million price tag?

Great when receiving ball in tight areas,quick over 10 yards.Can also beat a man and spot a pass.Some mention his lack of goal threat but he did player deeper role at times.So as a positive you can add versatility.I enjoyed watching him and think he could become very good .
(24-04-2024, 09:12 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2024, 06:55 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]McCrory, Azeez, Scarlett.

They aren't really comparable. Robertson has shown his quality in a Pompey shirt, the others not so much. If we can get Robertson for south of 2 million then it is a gamble very worth taking. More than that will probably be a tougher decision.

Plus McCrorie went for £2m+.
I know who I'd rather have in our midfield.
Going for a certain price and being worth that figure are two different things. That’s the reason so many teams on the championship are in the mire.

I’ll stick with my valuation of £500k
(24-04-2024, 09:34 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2024, 04:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you just fishing for comments or are you really that bereft of football knowledge?

His transfer value is debatable, his footballing ability most certainly is not.

All this talk of lack of ‘goal threat’ is total nonsense, goals are created by team play mostly and you don’t actually have to score a goal to be involved in it.

Very good playing deeper. Not very good further forward. Very few goals or assists. Agree with Hammie's 'little goal threat' comment.
Pages: 1 2