TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Where will we finish in the Championship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.....yep, I can't wait for next season to start, and am already thinking about where we'll finish in the Championship?

I'm going for a credible 18th place.
(21-04-2024, 03:20 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ].....yep, I can't wait for next season to start, and am already thinking about where we'll finish in the Championship?

I'm going for a credible 18th place.
12th.
Our current squad would get relegated without any additions. We aren't as good a team currently as Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth etc and look how they've struggled. If we played them tomorrow they'd both beat us. We are a better team than Rotherham though.

We will get some new players in, presumably of championship standard, and I think 19th or 20th.  A good first season back and we can build from there. We should stay up next season with some additions.
1st obviously.  Big Grin
3rd on goals scored and lose to Leicester in the playoffs…
Above the one pot w@nkas.
17th I reckon with a period of the season (January of course) when it looks like we're going down.
16th but will need to strengthen quite a bit so we have strength in depth. Will have problems creating & scoring enough goals. Playing budget needs increasing substantially to be competitive.
Impossible to say at the moment given 20% of the division isn't known and our squad isn't known.
After years getting out of L1, the Eisners saw it's not an easy job and will do all they can to ensure we're not doing it again, so I think the plan will be to enable us for at least mid-table.
It's 50:50, but I'll stick my neck out and predict that we'll finish next season at Fratton Park!
About 11th, but only if we strengthen with a premium striker, and a midfield general. Championship teams are a definite cut above 1st Div, and witness just what Coventry almost did to ManUtd. But then who are ManUtd at present, with Maguire at the back? But coming back from 3-0 down and getting robbed of a 4th goal by a split hair, just demonstrates Championship strength at its best.
For our first season back in the championship anywhere above the drop zone!
mid table
(21-04-2024, 03:48 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Our current squad would get relegated without any additions. We aren't as good a team currently as Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth etc and look how they've struggled. If we played them tomorrow they'd both beat us. We are a better team than Rotherham though.

We will get some new players in, presumably of championship standard, and I think 19th or 20th.  A good first season back and we can build from there. We should stay up next season with some additions.

are the current squad weaker than Plymouth or Sheff Weds?
Weds came down cos they were bust and did not invest?

If Barnsley go up they come right back down because they do not invest. 

We are going up with no debt, with lots of players out of contract.
So we can build the squad that our managers consider best, by keeping those we want but with space to add. 

As to where we will finish, nobody has a clue until the transfer window opens and closes. 

Also depends a lot on which other club have point deductions. Champ finances are a complete basket case so we could easily see a couple of clubs go into receivership and half a dozen others get point deductions. Unlike some, we have rebuilt the ground without going bust to avoid paying the bills.
Weds not down yet Hammie
We can take heart from Plymouth and Wednesday. Plymouth have only flirted with relegation because they made and stuck too long with an unsuitable managerial choice. Wednesday were a total basketcase at the start of the season and might yet survive.
19th unless we add at least 5 championship experienced players to the squad
I think Richard Hughes will get us a gem or three.
Our players contracts seem to be up for renewal at the right time for the club.
I think our in the 'black' status compared to thr rest of the division won't be ignored but the Eisners are here now snd I think they may have a taste for it.
Flirting with play offs for me
It would serve us well if Lincoln or Oxford manage to go up. Two small clubs with challenging budgets. Id laugh my bollocks off if Bolton don't go up.
It's my last league 1 wish.
The greatest team to ever grace league 1 stays another year in the love of the division.
Bolton's fans deserve it
Anywhere between halfway and 20th would be a good season.
Watched the Boro/Leeds game last night. Both are light years ahead of us at present but if we strengthen & have good squad cover. We need a lethal goalscorer or we could struggle. Will need to play much quicker against better quality teams. Will need to be spot on with passing if we want to playout from the back. Any mistakes will be punished by the better teams. But hopefully there will be at least 3 worst teams.
(23-04-2024, 08:57 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the Boro/Leeds game last night. Both are light years ahead of us at present but if we strengthen & have good squad cover. We need a lethal goalscorer or we could struggle. Will need to play much quicker against better quality teams. Will need to be spot on with passing if we want to playout from the back. Any mistakes will be punished by the better teams. But hopefully there will be at least 3 worst teams.

An above average striker is a must imho. We cannot rely on the defense to keep propping the team up, especially in the Championship.