TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barnsley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sacked their manager with one game to go. What a huge call that is. Thought they looked decent last week against us, but their fans seem very happy hes gone!
(22-04-2024, 03:17 PM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote: [ -> ]Sacked their manager with one game to go. What a huge call that is. Thought they looked decent last week against us, but their fans seem very happy hes gone!

Yes it’s a results game and their recent form hasn’t been good has it?

The last straw was getting battered by Blackpool, the score was only 3-2 but Blackpool should have scored a hatful before a late revival.

Shame, but there is no sentiment in football (or very little anyway).
Yeh but something needs to have gone seriously wrong to sack the manager before the playoffs. Either he's fallen out with the owners or lost the dressing room, or both.
I must admit I have been surprised how little threat Barnsley have been this season. Usually, finish above them and go up.
(22-04-2024, 03:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh but something needs to have gone seriously wrong to sack the manager before the playoffs. Either he's fallen out with the owners or lost the dressing room, or both.

Best team I've seen this season at fp. Some of the rivals actually fear them due to their strong play off record. Crazy to drop the manager unless they've got someone lined up quickly? Coleys to take them up would be amusing...
Very peculiar timing really. Maybe the players revolted and forced the clubs hand a bit.
Barnsley board are a histrionic bunch. Remember this hissy fit about Stendel after he had left?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...ppointment
Didn't Palios do something similar at Tranmere about 3 years ago that backfired spectacularly?
Good news for all the clubs in the play-offs.
(22-04-2024, 03:52 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2024, 03:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh but something needs to have gone seriously wrong to sack the manager before the playoffs. Either he's fallen out with the owners or lost the dressing room, or both.

Best team I've seen this season at fp. Some of the rivals actually fear them due to their strong play off record. Crazy to drop the manager unless they've got someone lined up quickly? Coleys to take them up would be amusing...

I think they looked so good because we were so uncharacteristically poor. We continued where we left off against Bolton.