TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Lovely, Likeable, Lary, Loudmouthed, Lincoln Lampoon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here it is, the biggest game of the season left and what a cracker this could be.

The best league 1 team of the season turn up to (arguably) the best league 1 team this year and there is plenty riding on it for the hosts.

Since the turn of the year, The Imps have been laying waste any team in their path and they are 1 result away from reaching the playoffs. It’s a remarkable achievement, given where they were in the table when we last met. 

Sincil bank is sold out and anyone who thinks that Pompey fans are hard done by by not giving us more tickets, really need to give their heads a wobble. They need the maximum amount of their own fans, to drive them over the line.

I’m chuft to bits that we’ve made it up as champs but I have been far from impressed with the manner in which we’ve performed the last few games. ‘Portsmouth keep finding a way to win’ is hardly a glowing endorsement of a table topping team. I’ve been banging on about how a table topping side should be sweeping aside mere chaff and thumbing their nose at the opposition.The reality is that we’ve so often failed to impress but have managed to bludgeon our way over the line by sheer tenacity at the death. 

The last three performances have been pitiful, for the most part. This is an opportunity to go out with a bang!

I would actually like to see Lincoln make it this year but not at our expense. A fantastic game that ends in a high scoring draw would be fine by me but I don’t want to lose.

Let’s see what they and our champions are about. What a prospect!
There's no excuse not to see a performance now. No tension and no hangovers. I won't care a huge amount of one doesn't come but it would be nice.
Lincoln 2 -0 Pompey.

Pompey are on the beach and Lincoln will want the result much more.
'Chief twat' - really, Cunni? Have you not looked at the competition on here?
I hate the idea of underestimating my ability.

I will concede that I have stiff competition.
A good day for the likes of Wyatt and MPH to start. I wonder if any of the out of contract players will see anything in a last performance? One thing none of them will want is to be injured on the last gasp of their contract.
I really hope these stupid match day thread titles desist next season. Call me boring but I much prefer a title like ‘Pompey v Lincoln’ than all this over the top rubbish
awaiting the australian ashes afar away in the future
It's a bit of top of the league delirium inspiring these lavish titles I feel. The inspiration to create titles fit for a wordsmith will likely diminish if we're sitting 20th in the championship with two draws and three defeats in the last 5.
(24-04-2024, 09:25 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit of top of the league delirium inspiring these lavish titles I feel. The inspiration to create titles fit for a wordsmith will likely diminish if we're sitting 20th in the championship with two draws and three defeats in the last 5.

That’s exactly what it is. Next season I don’t want to see the We May well get mashed and mutilated by Middlesbrough thread I would much rather Pompey v Boro and that’s it again call me old fashioned and boring but that’s what I would prefer
(24-04-2024, 09:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]awaiting the australian ashes afar away in the future

I can’t see England winning the ashes any time soon, for a start the best bowler is only a year younger than me and I’m an old prick! lol
You are boring and you believe Yengi is a better striker than Bishop.

That’s you and I love you, in spite of it.
(24-04-2024, 07:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]A good day for the likes of Wyatt and MPH to start. I wonder if any of the out of contract players will see anything in a last performance? One thing none of them will want is to be injured on the last gasp of their contract.
Who is Wyatt?
(25-04-2024, 07:42 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2024, 07:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]A good day for the likes of Wyatt and MPH to start. I wonder if any of the out of contract players will see anything in a last performance? One thing none of them will want is to be injured on the last gasp of their contract.
Who is Wyatt?

Earp of course.... Big Grin
(25-04-2024, 07:42 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
Who is Wyatt?

I think he may mean White/Wight or Whyte Smile
The bastards have been checking names against the PFC fan data. Pompey fans that acquired tickets in the home sections have had the tickets cancelled and money refunded!
I'm in the home section but the ticket was acquired via an Imps fan.
(25-04-2024, 07:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the home section but the ticket was acquired via an Imps fan.

You are not alone Big Grin
(24-04-2024, 08:24 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope these stupid match day thread titles desist next season. Call me boring but I much prefer a title like ‘Pompey v Lincoln’ than all this over the top rubbish

Okay since you ask. You're boring. 

I take them as a bit of fun, as they are meant to be. Alliteration always ahead of of boring bland blurb.
I think along with Player of the Season we should have a Match-day Thread Title of the Season.
For 2023-24 I would like to nominate:

The Super-sensational Sweetest Sexy Shrewsbury Scrap

Can't remember who penned it now but hats off to the lad and maybe a wee whip round? Wadayafink?
I don’t remember that one, you’ve made it up!
(27-04-2024, 05:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t remember that one, you’ve made it up!

I believe it was widely lauded at the time and regarded as superior in structural form and rythmic metre to the modest attempts of its predecessors. Your memory may be somewhat failing Cunni but I believe this work (whoever writ it) will live long in the annuls of literary masterpieces.
Norris just given away penalty then saved it as taker slipped.

His attitude is too casual & would haveexpected Macey to play & show what he can do.
If I were a Lincoln fan, I would be seriously hacked off with our flopping to the floor and wasting time.
This exercises the demons of that Accrington game a few years back where we played a team with nothing to play for and bottled it. Now we are the party poopers.

MPH did himself some justice today and a nice way for him to sign off. Kamara was absolutely brilliant when he came on. Norris saved his worst until last and I was encouraged by Towler today.
Pages: 1 2