TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marquis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read that Cowley rates Marquis. If he can get 10 goals out of him before the season finishes then so be it.
But on Saturdays 2nd half showing Close, Harness, Williams and Curtis did just fine with their pace and passing.
5 goals would be a good return, to be fair.

He does need a lot of coaching to ensure he gets in the correct position. If we are pressing high, hopefully that will mean he doesnt have to drop deep to collect the ball, he can goal hang.
(22-03-2021, 04:03 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]5 goals would be a good return, to be fair.

He does need a lot of coaching to ensure he gets in the correct position. If we are pressing high, hopefully that will mean he doesnt have to drop deep to collect the ball, he can goal hang.

‘He can goal hang’.

It’s the easy ones he misses ffs. Smile
if Close is allowed to play further up and use his short passing ability, they might be thinking of using Marquis as he was at Doncaster. With a midfielder plying him into the box.
If we're going to play him then play to his strengths (whatever they are).
A point made by guy w in cometary Saturday was about not stop shouting encouragement coming from our bench ifact he said it was one player shouting all the encouragement - John Marquiss.

Seems he is a genuine team player. Perhaps he played to orders under KJ and the Comleys may get him back to the player he was at Donnie.
I thought him and Harrison being there shouting all game said a lot about them. Can't see that happening under Kenny.
We paid three times as much as we should for that player.
Well let’s hope he can prove you wrong then.
John Marquis is not a bad player at this level.
He has been playing in a bad system, bad formation with a bad manager.
Play to his strengths, he will gain confidence and he will be banging them in like he was at Doncaster.
If someone can get him to play like a footballer as opposed to something from Monkey World then I'm all for it.
Gallen said years ago that few if any strikers at this level can play up front on their own. A shame Kenny was not listening.
(23-03-2021, 04:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Gallen said years ago that few if any strikers at this level can play up front on their own. A shame Kenny was not listening.

Exactly.. the one up front thing was copied from the Prem.. and you're right.. Kenny wasn't listening.. and a few others before him too..
Funny I see Swindon are playing pitman as a lone striker. He's got a few goals.

Not sure who is ahead in the bet. Status DeepBlue?
(24-03-2021, 04:16 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Funny I see Swindon are playing pitman as a lone striker. He's got a few goals.

Not sure who is ahead in the bet. Status DeepBlue?

Marquis 13 Pitman 8 I think so far.

Going pretty much as I expected and I'm confident the Cowleys will get a few more out of Marquis.

Trouble is I don't think the poster I had the bet with (Jim plus a number (1385?)) has made the migration to the new site, so all may be in vain.
I reckon Pitman would have been on his way to 20 if he stayed and Marquis didn't