TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Yengi today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure why he was so apoplectic after the blatant foul towards the end of the game. He was crouching down and slapping his hands on the turf. Others were trying to calm him down. The foul was just blatant and deliberate but wouldn't goad a professional into such histrionics. 

Was he racially abused? Certainly Saydee exacted revenge 5 minutes later and was booked.

Shortly after the incident the home crowd started to berate Yengi who responded with the middle finger. Made me laugh!!
I do think the trio of Saydee, Yengi and Kamara looked like they could develop into a thoroughly effective trio, they add the pace that Bishop lacks, but he is the better finisher.
I suspect Yengi's reaction was a cumulative effect/result of a very poor refereeing display.
I usually defend referees but watching on I player he was diabolical and helped pull the game down into a tetchy, bad tempered affair. He also ignored for long periods, Lincoln's players constantly running at him and shouting in his face. I think he was awful for both sides though. A prem level referee, cannot understand why.
Brave to go straight in with suggesting his anger was related to his being black, Bill. Is that what you see when you look at him?

Bottom 3 worst ref in a Pompey game I've ever seen today
(27-04-2024, 09:13 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Brave to go straight in with suggesting his anger was related to his being black, Bill. Is that what you see when you look at him?

Did you see it?
I think we probably would have heard something by now if there was any racial abuse and I suspect the reaction would have been a fair bit stronger and I can't imagine a lad from team with a strong black contingent themselves would be so stupid. Probably just as Hammie said, a bit of frustration with the ref and the challenge and the Saydee challenge (which must have felt like getting hit by a bus) may have just been mistimed.
Saydee was subject to a bit of abuse. Targeted the size of his gut. Quite comical.
(27-04-2024, 09:13 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Brave to go straight in with suggesting his anger was related to his being black, Bill. Is that what you see when you look at him?

I don’t think BTC can help himself due to the ‘conditioning’ he has been subjected to.

The default position of the left is to look for an ‘ism’ as the cause of everything.

Seriously though, it was just frustration with the appalling officiating, a view shared by our management and coaching staff who all got booked for the same reason.

Crap ref, pure and simple.
Yengi gives me the impression he always feels hard done by. I really like him as a player and wish he'd concentrate on improving his play rather than getting involved in things that often are nothing to do with him.
(28-04-2024, 09:17 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I don’t think BTC can help himself due to the ‘conditioning’ he has been subjected to.

The default position of the left is to look for an ‘ism’ as the cause of everything.

Seriously though, it was just frustration with the appalling officiating, a view shared by our management and coaching staff who all got booked for the same reason.

Crap ref, pure and simple.

It hadn't even occurred to me until the Lincoln fan next to me suggested it. He was as bemused as I was.
Is Yengi black? I had no idea, looks white to me with a nice tan.
(27-04-2024, 09:25 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see it?

Only you, by the looks of it...
I guess you had to be there.
Bottom three worst referee in a Pompey game I have ever _seen_.

I can't claim that I was stood next to any Lincoln fans making suggestions that I would feel compelled to start threads about on this board though.
Are you stilled "pissed" about the Gassan Ahadme thing?

It was fucking years ago. I didn't complain to Amdin. Much like you, it was dull and unfunny.

Let it go, you drama-queen!
What on earth are you going on about now?
Had totally forgotten about that but thanks for calling that one up from your bookmark of complaints.

Ironically another example of you trying to find racism in something and failing but OK, add this to this thread if you want! Being the sharp mind that you are, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Sorry admin said no to you Bill, that's out of my hands.

Enjoy your summer and all that.