TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mudbath today on common
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a lake down there, wear the right footwear !
I m, my slippers!
This was utter shit. Really cheaply done. Tiny stand, inaudible sound system, couldn't hear a word the players were saying. Even the players fucked it off at 15.20.

This made the circus look like Disneyland.

Fuck you PCC.
Eisners out
Couldn't see a thing from where I was standing. In Ryde.
Not the Eisners. PCC. The club were invited as guests. We should have rolled out the red carpet. Embarrassing
Not the best. Just slightly annoying that we couldn't get that right. It would not have taken a great deal to produce an event befitting of the league one champions.
It was pretty poorly done, I expected a much better day out to celebrate but unfortunately it wasn't to be. At least the rain stopped!
I remember the one in the Guildhall Square, where Deacon said all the players would get a chance to keep us up.
They seem a required event but compared to celebrating in the ground or driving home after (Harry's promotion) all a bit too far after and cliched.
Having said required, did Harry's promotion team get one? Obviously the FA Cup team did and that was a once in a life time special one.
Personally I think celebrating winning Division 3 as if you had won the FA Cup was an embarrassing idea in the first place. The celebrations after the Barnsley and Wigan games were instinctive and adequate. No more was needed 

But I suspect I am in a minority.
(28-04-2024, 09:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think celebrating winning Division 3 as if you had won the FA Cup was an embarrassing idea in the first place. The celebrations after the Barnsley and Wigan games were instinctive and adequate. No more was needed 

I agree 100 %
(28-04-2024, 09:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think celebrating winning Division 3 as if you had won the FA Cup was an embarrassing idea in the first place. The celebrations after the Barnsley and Wigan games were instinctive and adequate. No more was needed 

This is a good point but I also think it gives people who couldn't attend those games for whatever reason a chance to celebrate and also bring their young family who will be the next generations of supporters to get involved.
(29-04-2024, 07:11 AM)HreidarssonHeaders Wrote: [ -> ]

Thisnis a good point but I also think it gives people who couldn't attend those games for whatever reason a chance to celebrate and also bring their young family who will be the next generations of supporters to get involved.

Yes events like yesterday are more for kids and families I think.

The Barnsley game was the pinnacle and you can only celebrate the same thing so many times before it becomes tedious.

I hope those who attended had fun of course.
Certainly the whole FA Cup celebrations were so much more professional.

Audible sound system basic - I think Michael EISNER must have been embarrassed, surely PCC could have planned this one better ?