TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Disallowed goal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching on ifollow yesterday, my (unqualified and biased) opinion is that it should have stood. 

Their keeper has come out and clattered our player (Bishop?) And then both have gone down like they've been shot, and with the next kick of the ball it's slotted in.

I appreciate the ref can stop the game if he thinks there is a serious injury but I can't see a fowl. And the ball was already in the net when he blew?

Happy to be re-educated but I was scratching my head with that one.
(28-04-2024, 11:43 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Watching on ifollow yesterday, my (unqualified and biased) opinion is that it should have stood. 

Their keeper has come out and clattered our player (Bishop?) And then both have gone down like they've been shot, and with the next kick of the ball it's slotted in.

I appreciate the ref can stop the game if he thinks there is a serious injury but I can't see a fowl. And the ball was already in the net when he blew?

If the player taps a goalie in the box the goalie always gets the decision, so seeing the goalie adopt the 'I'm dying'  pose on the ground I was surprised that dickhead of a ref didn't send Bishop off!

I wonder how such an idiot of a ref can get so far in this game but then we do need to keep ticking those boxes nowadays. I know he played the advantage for our goal but that no way made up for such an inept display.
(28-04-2024, 11:43 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Watching on ifollow yesterday, my (unqualified and biased) opinion is that it should have stood. 

I couldn’t see a fowl either  Big Grin .
I saw Yengi running around like a headless chicken.

The ref bottled it. 

The fact that he restarted the game with a drop ball confirms he saw no foul, so unless he blew his whistle to stop play due to injury between the collision and Anjorin hitting the shot then the goal should have stood. And there is nothing to indicate that he did stop the game. 

Scoring past an injured keeper may be against the spirit of the rules, but certainly not against the rules so he should have allowed it.
Norris will have been watching and lean to throw himself to the floor even more often! Not just him, all the keepers have learned that it is good tactics to flop to the floor.
(28-04-2024, 04:48 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Norris will have been watching and lean to throw himself to the floor even more often! Not just him, all the keepers have learned that it is good tactics to flop to the floor.

I remember Nessys last minute goal against Wycombe. The Wycombe goalie laid flat out on the fall rihht ip to the moment he realised the referee was giving it and suddenly jumped up to remonsttate with the ref.

Funny to watch.