TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 2017 all over again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely lighting can't strike twice..can it? Champions on the final day.
(23-03-2021, 06:09 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Surely lighting can't strike twice..can it? Champions on the final day.

Why not.. Rome was built over a weekend.. Wink
No !!
(ps why does a rpost have to be at least 4 characters)
(24-03-2021, 08:09 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]No !!
(ps why does a rpost have to be at least 4 characters)

Nein  Smile .
It wont happen, but if it does, this will be the official champions promotion thread! Big Grin

A chance to claw back another 3 points on Peterborough on Sat. Fergie couldn't bottle it again, could he?
Pompey v Lincoln play off final. You heard it here first.

The irony of that.
One unlikely scenario is Pompey play Accy twice in last 3 games of season and then twice more in play off semis. Probably produce 4 draws! Seriously though, hull, Sunderland and Pbro will surely occupy 3 of top 6 places. Lincoln have points on the board so are in a good place. That leaves 2 places, of which Blackpool are flying but have accy, Lincoln and Sunderland twice to play which is tough. But it could be Pompey, donny, Oxford, accy, Ipswich and Charlton (gills?) for one place. I reckon we need 20 points from 11 games. Shrews on Saturday is tough and we need a win I think.
Yes we can!
If Peterborough and Sunderland have a couple of dicky results where they lose one, draw one and we win both of ours then it'll be interesting
Given our run-in, there does not look to be a single game that we should not have a pretty good hope or even expectation of winning, at least on paper.  But actually stringing together a series of 8 wins is obviously a different kettle of fish, and it seems inconcveivable that we won´t drop the odd point when we don't expect it. We´ve had a number of strong finishes in the past, both to achieve promotion and avoid relegation, most recently 2017 of course.  It needs other results go for us, and I guess that ideally all the games between current top 9 teams (or which were recently top 9) would end in draws. Sunderland have a pretty good record in that department!
the fixtures as listed in "can we do it?" make it seem at least possible. With top teams playing each other (and Blackpool) there is a good chance of enough points being dropped to keep us interested but we do need to improve our goal difference
It’s no more conceivable that any of the teams above can expect to win all their remaining games either.

Our run in is what gives me hope. Sunderland are the most likely to fall.
It's a big set of fixtures this weekend. Could chip another 2 points off the gap.

I'm not a believer just yet but the dream is alive.
(06-04-2021, 11:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's a big set of fixtures this weekend. Could chip another 2 points off the gap.

doesn't that last line sum up the whole point of following a football team!
(06-04-2021, 11:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's a big set of fixtures this weekend. Could chip another 2 points off the gap.

Important to remember only if we win does another 2 points get chipped of the gap. Just trying to be as realistic as possible, we have to do our bit & let the rest take care of itself.
Maybe not this year.
Yeh, it’s more like 2019 all over again lol
My heart says we can beat anyone. After last nights fiasco against a club who were bottom of the league without a win in five games, my head says no.
Can anyone on this forum tell me where the goals are going to come from, and how we can make our back four/five less likely to be a shambles?
I am still PTID though.
Unless Curtis gets fired up there are no goals in this team I fear. As for the defence.. they kept I think 8 clean sheets in a row against top teams in December. How??? Brown's return does help a little as it rids us of the clown at left back.