TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Prepaid card masquerading as a season card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pompey To Launch New Fan Loyalty And Rewards Programme

Initiative in partnership with Barclays and Fortress GB
Try this.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...programme/

Sounds a bit tacky to me.
I wonder what the money cant buy experiences are? Maybe a one on one meet and greet with gary action at half time?

We like nectar points so why not pompey points?
Maybe one of the 'experiences' is a game having the remote control to a shock collar fastened upon a particularly noisy fan who we all know...

That said I don't have any of the various reward cards.
What I really don't need is a pre-payment card when I have a perfectly good set of bank and credit cards. I imagine that activation of the prepayment element card is not mandatory and it can still function perfectly well as a contactless season ticket.

As to the matchday experience, all I want is to turn up about 15 mins before kick-off, buy a programme, perhaps a cup of tea, watch the footy, go home.
Just goes to show I should have checked my post straight after posting. Thanks Cressers.
Prepaid cards need to be activated so hopefully the two functions are separate.
(24-03-2021, 02:52 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Just goes to show I should have checked my post straight after posting. Thanks Cressers.
Prepaid cards need to be activated so hopefully the two functions are separate.

Even if it had been activated automatically you wouldn't be forced to use it. 

Surely it's just a reasonable additional benefit for those that want it. Not sure why anyone would object to that.
It's the presumptuousness of it which would irk me.
Can’t understand it myself especially as the vast majority of people have debit and or credit cards. Or they’d be better off stocking worthwhile merchandise at a reasonable price in the club shop that we could then buy using said cards
I'm not sure I get the immediate negativity. If we want Pompey to grow, they have to increase their income flows. Seems a perfectly reasonably modern thing to do. No one has to sign up. And its certainly better than being forced to buy a program or pie as part of the basic match ticket price.
Who uses prepaid cards?? other than the ones you can use when going abroad.
A better idea would for it to be a loyalty card (not a pre load one) that earned you points if you bought food/drink/programmes/merchandise etc at the Club that could then be converted into discount.