TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Alan McLoughlin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeez, he's really been through it. Hope he gets some respite soon.
I remember him scoring a first minute goal at the Fratton End in our 5th or 6th round FA Cup victory over Brian Clough’s Forest in 1992, wasn’t he on loan from the Scummers (don’t think that would happen now).

What a Terrible time he has been having, I feel sorry for him in his struggles with cancer but also deep admiration for his bravery and fortitude, he is clearly made from the right stuff.

It doesn’t seem so long ago he was broadcasting on local radio and/or iFollow but I never heard him mention his struggles, let’s hope he is able to visit Fratton Park next season.
This is very sad. What a really fine player he was and a top servant to Pompey and football. Can only wish him well and hope for small miracles for him.
I am full of admiration for his grit and determination through this. Just like he was as a player for us.
Ditto
Likewise.
He was an excellent driving midfielder, often arriving late in the box to score.

I sincerely hope he fully recovers. Top bloke!
Such a pity. Didnt he hit the woodwork in the Cup Semi at Villa Park in 1992?
By the sounds of it he has been going through what you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy, poor sod. Let’s hope for the best.
(25-03-2021, 12:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am full of admiration for his grit and determination through this. Just like he was as a player for us.

Agreed. I wish Alan can get through this.
Yes very sad, a great player for us and responsible for many brilliant memories. I remember a great match at Blackburn where he got a hat trick (if memory serves), it was a 3-3 draw and a great day out.

I wish him all the very best.
That is truly terrible news, comes on the same day that my daughter's boyfriend was given some devastating news about his mother.

Alan was a fine attacking midfielder who played over 300 games for us with a scoring ratio of overx1 in 6.
bang, boing, off the bar up and into us behind the goal.

One of those Pompey memories stuck in my minds eye for ever. So near yet so far in the end.

Great and loyal player. It always felt a little surprising that he stuck with us when he could probably have played for a more successful team at the time.

Fingers crossed for him and his family.
Great, loyal player for Pompey. I hope he makes a full recovery.