TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shrewsbury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this one will be a 0-0 or a 1-1 which wouldn't be a terrible result. Hard to tell as weve got no Curtis or Marquis but may have Jacob's & Johnson available. 

I'd go for 433 with what we have available up top.

_____________MacG
Johnson w'mough Rasmus Brown
______Cannon Naylor Jacob's
____________Close 
Williams_____________Harness
We are going to win, the Cowley's are fantastic. It is so obvious.
One training session and we beat Ipswich. They have had loads more since, therefore we will win.
A draw !
Ridiculous.
2-0 Pompey , Raggett and Hiwula
Shrews are missing Ollie Norburn and their goalkeeper Sarkik (like Curtis, on International duty), should increase Pompey’s chances of a win tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how the weeks training under the Cowleys will play out on the pitch.

A Pompey win for me.
Mac
Johnson Whatmough Raggett Brown
Naylor Cannon
Close
Williams Harness Hiwula
Mac
Johnson Whatmough Raggett Brown
Naylor Close Cannon
Williams Harness Hiwula
Subs: Rasmus, Jacobs, Mnonga.....
Williams turn to get some reward for all his hard work. Seems just the sort of player they need to make their system work.
That’s my thinking. 2-1 with Williams getting the clincher.
(26-03-2021, 11:34 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]That’s my thinking. 2-1 with Williams getting the clincher.

If Hiwula wants to be a part of the run-in he needs to start performing.  I can see why Kenny never picked him.  His positional sense seems poor and we haven't seen evidence of the pace he is supposed to have.  Hope he manages to get in the game more as we look ineffective with him up front.
to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's hardly played for months. Hopefully with a week of training they may ahve got something more from him.
McG
Bolton Whats Ragg Brown
Harness Naylor Cannon Jacobs
Williams
Hiwula
(26-03-2021, 03:00 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I think this one will be a 0-0 or a 1-1 which wouldn't be a terrible result. Hard to tell as weve got no Curtis or Marquis but may have Jacob's & Johnson available. 

I'd go for 433 with what we have available up top.

_____________MacG
Johnson w'mough Rasmus Brown
______Cannon Naylor Jacob's
____________Close 
Williams_____________Harness

Same as last week with Jacobs for Curtis and Close for Cannon.  Unless Marquis or Johnson are fit enough to play. 

Close must play after proving last week that he makes the system work.

Deebo

I like that line up Tag. My only change would be a positional swap of Harness and Williams. Harness carries the bigger goal threat for me.
I'd stick Harness and Williams up the middle. Johnson will hopefully make a huge difference,if he can hit the ground running.
get in. lots of possession. so far so good.
I watched on iFollow and thought we bossed the game and were good value at 2-0, then, after Marquis’s stupidity, a different Pompey did a great job of controlling the game and seeing it out till the end without Shrewsbury really looking like scoring.

Assuming Marquis’s Red is not overturned, I guess it’s Curtis down the middle, or, will Hiwula be given one last chance ? If he can’t shine against Rochdale then why did KJ re-sign him in January ?
(27-03-2021, 06:12 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I watched on iFollow and thought we bossed the game and were good value at 2-0, then, after Marquis’s stupidity, a different Pompey did a great job of controlling the game and seeing it out till the end without Shrewsbury really looking like scoring.

Assuming Marquis’s Red is not overturned, I guess it’s Curtis down the middle, or, will Hiwula be given one last chance ? If he can’t shine against Rochdale then why did KJ re-sign him in January ?

Hiwula was apparently out injured for todays game.  Might be back Friday I suppose, but on the evidence so far I'd rather have Curtis & Harness up front, with Hiwula an option from the bench (his best position).
I don’t think we should under estimate how good a win this was today.
Hiwula OUT for 4/6 weeks according to Moonface, ankle injury, so possibly the end of his PFC career.

Danny Cowley post match https://youtu.be/weEBL5026Ak
Great win.

I also thought Danny Cowley’s post match interview was very impressive.

Tactically very aware and looks like he’s loving it. What a pleasant contrast.  Smile
(27-03-2021, 06:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Hiwula OUT for 4/6 weeks according to Moonface, ankle injury, so possibly the end of his PFC career.

Danny Cowley post match https://youtu.be/weEBL5026Ak

Thanks for the link.

Agree 100% with exgaffer. Very refreshing!
Great to see that tactical acuity in post match interviews, compared with Jackett’s blandness and Cook’s prickliness.
One of the most enjoyable Pompey matches in I can't remember how long - fantastic team goals
(27-03-2021, 06:24 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think we should under estimate how good a win this was today.

I'd go with that 100% and then some. We are watching a different team in so many ways, and they've certainly lifted my spirits. A great win..
I like 'acuity' and we had it!
Pages: 1 2