TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Alfie Stanley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must own up to not knowing a lot about how good Alfie is.

In view of our current forward ‘crisis’, I see that he’s in line to at least be named in the squad.

Anyone with more knowledge of Alfie’s game reckon he could step up, or is he not ready for first team action yet?

Football can be a funny game, and a lot of players have taken advantage of situations like this to advance their careers. I really hope Alfie can be one of those ?.
being good enough for just three games would be helpful, a lot of youngsters can do tat.
(28-03-2021, 03:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]being good enough for just three games would be helpful, a lot of youngsters can do tat.

Well if he’s good enough for three, he’ll be good enough for more won’t he Hammie?
Most managers, who blood youngsters, seem to give them short periods to settle them in. Something psychological perhaps.
Is his nickname Accrington?
Actually, just read that he is 19. at 19 should be good enough to step up for a while. But most youngsters cannot do it for a large number of games immediately. Or if they do, they pay for it long term. Awfs and Micael Owen both started young and retired early too for example.
(28-03-2021, 03:19 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]I must own up to not knowing a lot about how good Alfie is.

In view of our current forward ‘crisis’, I see that he’s in line to at least be named in the squad.

Anyone with more knowledge of Alfie’s game reckon he could step up, or is he not ready for first team action yet?

Football can be a funny game, and a lot of players have taken advantage of situations like this to advance their careers. I really hope Alfie can be one of those ?.

We've got Curtis, Harness & Williams & Hiwula for the forward positions .... might have a chance of the bench if Hiwula is out though.
I wonder if we can recall reece hacket from his loan although he's not done much at Southend
With a goal scoring record in youth football better than Conor Chaplin's, I was hopeful for Alfie Stanley to make his first team breakthrough this season.

Get the impression that he's stagnated a bit - was loaned out to Bognor but their season was suspended early. Pity he couldn't have had a loan to a National League club instead!

Would imagine Stanley's keen but nowhere near match-fit. Still, without Hiwula maybe put him on the bench for a run-out in the last quarter of games....... ideally if we could find ourselves say 3-0 up against either Rochdale or Wigan?
(28-03-2021, 05:05 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-03-2021, 03:19 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]I must own up to not knowing a lot about how good Alfie is.

We've got Curtis, Harness & Williams & Hiwula for the forward positions .... might have a chance of the bench if Hiwula is out though.

I agree, he should get a place on the bench as Hiwula is out. If he gets a chance he has to go for it.
Can we recall Reece?
Looked into it - no we can't