TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marquis red card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If that was a red card then they need to outlaw tackles from the game, he went in with one leg not even over ball height, won the ball.  No one wants to see any player break a leg but that was not dangerous tackle. The players reaction and the players surrounding the ref made his mind up , one of their players was holding his hand above knee height, obviously telling the ref that’s how high the tackle was. Utter disgrace.  Played well , can’t wait for the next game now as opposed to thinking here we go again.
Early days I know but at least I can feel optimistic, for awhile anyway !
Already covered, mate, under the strangely titled thread 'Marquis'.
"The players reaction and the players surrounding the ref made his mind up..."

Exactly that. It was just a good hard tackle. I would like to think the ref was a bit embarrassed and felt a bit duped when he saw it again.
I would also think the Cowleys would have been quietly quite happy to see that as well, albeit annoying to lose him for three games.

Deebo

Yep, absolutely my view as well. I felt at the time it was okay but also wasn’t shocked when he got a red. These things generally go against us. The overreaction of the Shrews was sad but that is what the game has become. Be very surprised if it is repealed though - they like to be seen to support the refs whenever possible, mistakes and all.
It doesn't even matter nowadays if you get the ball. You can still be sent off for tackling too hard. What a strange game it's become.

Deebo

I read somewhere that the ref's report is taken into account which is odd. He's hardly going to say I made a mistake. Things would appear to be stacked against the player in most cases.
I can only assume that the refs report might state that the player had fouled continuously and was on last warning or that this was a one off out of character challenge which might sway the panel maybe??

Deebo

Could be. I'll be gobsmacked if he gets off. Three matches without a recognised striker is probably going to scupper the playoffs. If the Cowleys can pull this off then fair play.
(30-03-2021, 04:06 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Could be. I'll be gobsmacked if he gets off. Three matches without a recognised striker is probably going to scupper the playoffs. If the Cowleys can pull this off then fair play.

That’s for sure!
(30-03-2021, 04:06 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Could be. I'll be gobsmacked if he gets off. Three matches without a recognised striker is probably going to scupper the playoffs. If the Cowleys can pull this off then fair play.

I don't think the ref was 100% sure it was a red, he clearly saw the challenge and could have prevented players surrounding him by producing the card sooner.
As it was, he chose to give himself time to think indicating there was some doubt in his mind, it also looked as if he sought advice from the 4th official?
No doubt the ref will have a different version of events and the panel will side with him.
(30-03-2021, 05:04 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Already covered, mate, under the strangely titled thread 'Marquis'.

The thread was not about Marquis, more the way the game is going regarding tackling Cunninglinguist !
But if you supply me your email I will get your clearance before posting.
Have they let the coont off?
A referee giving himself time to check his own decision seems a very good thing to me.
(30-03-2021, 07:36 PM)Pompeytel Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-03-2021, 05:04 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Already covered, mate, under the strangely titled thread 'Marquis'.

The thread was not about Marquis, more the way the game is going regarding tackling Cunninglinguist !
But if you supply me your email I will get your clearance before posting.

Leave it out Tel, you name the thread 'Marquis red card', only talk about Marquis and his red card at the weekend, but when Cunni tells you there's already a thread on, er, Marquis' red card you get all huffy with him.

But that's right, it's about the game in general  Dodgy
Everyone seems very edgy at the moment and that’s without Butch’s fine thought-provoking input. Must be that spring is in the air or the clocks going forward or summat
Fight!!!
Fight fight fight....  Smile
Where’s Syrup&Savzzz’s finely tuned aggression?
Appeal rejected.
Fuck. Even a half firing Marquis would be better than re-jigging the team to fit in a 5ft bloke as striker.
Annoying. So he misses Rochdale (H), Wigan (A), Burton (H).

Hopefully Harness & William's can maintain their decent form and we can win these 3.
I assume Curtis will lead the line and the rest of the team will be as Shrewsbury.
This is a blessing in disguise. Curtis is going to embarass Marquis
(31-03-2021, 12:57 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a blessing in disguise. Curtis is going to embarass Marquis

Playing any two of Curtis, Williams & Harness up there (or all three in a 433) should work fine as long they don't expect any of then to win anything in the air. If it forces us to play on the ground more then it could prove to our advantage.

Deebo

Agreed. Marquis wins very little in the air anyway so if we play a bit of football up front, pass and move then that will be something Div 3 defences won’t be used to. No more injuries or dismissals required though. In the words of ‘The Former Manager’ we are down to the bare bones.
don't expect them to win aimless balls in the air. but little'uns can score from good crosses (Keegan for instance). and the centre halves do the job at set pieces.
Pages: 1 2