TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Posh v Mackems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A huge game for both teams.

If Peterborough win this, I think Sunderland will start to creak a bit under the pressure of their remaining games. I think a reversal would see them have the confidence to push on.

From Pompeys point of view, a draw would probably be best.
If Sunderland lose, they’ll still have at least six points and a massive goal difference between themselves and fourth, that’s a three-game swing and big enough for them to have a wobble and then recover. If they win, and with two games in hand on Hull they’ll be going for the trophy.

Posh’s fixtures in the run-in do a look a little kinder though, so wouldn’t be surprised to see them both in first and second come the end of the season. Who would we prefer drops to third for the play-off? If Hull start faltering they may be the most vulnerable.
Weve beaten all 3 and lost to all 3. So I guess from that perspective it doesnt matter so much who we play but whether we show up or not.
I thought Lee Johnson's style of management was win 10 in a row lose 7. Looking forward to the next 7
As long as we keeping winning that’s the main thing. I still think we could go up if we make the playoffs. If Jackass was still here I had us finishing about 10th.
Blackpool could easily prove to be auto contenders.

They could destroy Mackems chances.
1-1 draw good result for us. Peterborough pitch looked absolutely dreadful! Rough hard & hardly any grass. They don't deserve to get promoted with a pitch as bad as that.
Ridiculous statement. They deserve to go up if they win more games than anyone else.
Blackpool do the double over Sunderland, we could be just a point behind.
It's rare for one team to win both games. Hopefully 2 draws will see us creep up a little more behind them. It's a big ask hoping for 2 out of Peterborough, Sunderland & Hull to blow up.
and that can very easily happen there’s always at least one team who go tlts up and it’s usually us but the main orchestrator of that has gone from the club.
Gonna be a really good end to the season.
(05-04-2021, 04:18 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Ridiculous statement. They deserve to go up if they win more games than anyone else.

Slightly harsh statement I agree in retrospect but it was dreadful!

I bet the Mackems filed a complaint about it.
No worse than 70’s-80’s pitches. Football survived them.
I remember a Chelsea goal mouth that more resembled a sandpit.

Of course, we judge from the billiard table that is FP. Mind, even we had a period when it was decidedly ropey.
(06-04-2021, 09:14 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]No worse than 70’s-80’s pitches. Football survived them.

Of course, we judge from the billiard table that is FP. Mind, even we had a period when it was decidedly ropey.

Well guess what they're moving: New Peterborough United stadium could be ‘test-bed’ for advanced technology | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)
(10-04-2021, 08:40 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2021, 09:14 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]No worse than 70’s-80’s pitches. Football survived them.

Well guess what they're moving: New Peterborough United stadium could be ‘test-bed’ for advanced technology | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Soon we'll be the only club in the league without a new or up to date stadium...it's a disgrace really. Surely it's time for PCC and Tornante to step up to the mark.
A ‘disgrace’????

No it isn’t and why would anyone, in their right mind, spend millions on a new stadium when we can’t even get any fans into the one we’ve got?

Not having a new stadium is hardly a disgrace.
I think they are being sensible with hindsight as Covid will affect everything for at least another year. Also, ground capacity will depend upon which division we're playing in.
Soon we'll be the only club in the league without a new or up to date stadium...it's a disgrace really. Surely it's time for PCC and Tornante to step up to the mark.

No disgrace in having one fo the few proper football grounds left in the country.

Give me FP with all its faults over a soulless identikit groud any day.