TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fitness & Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how this is balanced? 

The team looked understandably tired against Wigan. So how do you balance letting the players recover vs increasing their stamina/fitness levels?

Would be interested to understand how this works physiologically. Presumably it's a combo of sleep, diet, warm up/down & running?
I'm no expert but I believe 48 -72 hours represents full recovery. With appropriate warm-down, sleep and diet that enables them to play again sat-tues. I would guess the accumulative effect of playing 2 games a week pretty much all season though probably means real stamina / fitness training might have to go on the back burner until pre-season. Happy to be corrected on any of the above by someone who knows more than I do. Any sports & exercise students here??
by this stage of the season it would be unusual to be training to increase anything much, just maintaining, tweaking set pieces and learning about the next opposition. With a bit of how are we going to cover for so and so being out.