TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowleys out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I'd be the first to get it in.
Where's the thumbs up on this forum?
i'm still searching for the thumb too.
We need it when we have spat our dummies out!
Get Jimmy Floyd in
I’ve done a 180 on the Cowleys. I originally didn’t want them here but after 5 games I think they are just what we need.

They’ve got us playing exciting football (even when we lose) with a squad they didn’t sign a single player to, having lost 5 in a row before they arrived. And without a striker and our IMO best attacking player Jacobs now out for the season. And the geriatric Brown now out too.

My anger/annoyance is focused on the previous regime, not the current one. They’ve worked miracles so far.

Coming up to half way through the contract, it been pretty exceptional so far.
PM, agree with your every word. Even if we don't make the play-offs they've exceeded everything I thought possible with the current bunch, and playing proper football.
Interesting and agree they are getting much more out of a moderate bunch and an unbalanced squad. Crewe is massive if we want playoffs but I would suggest the last thing we really need with this lot is promotion. Let the Cowleys start afresh next season and really put their stamp on the squad. I think they can make us a top 2 team next year and with fans back that seems much more appealing to me than scrabbling up through the play offs to face a season of struggle next year. Maybe I’m out of step with the general feeling though!
(11-04-2021, 10:55 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting and agree they are getting much more out of a moderate bunch and an unbalanced squad. Crewe is massive if we want playoffs but I would suggest the last thing we really need with this lot is promotion. Let the Cowleys start afresh next season and really put their stamp on the squad. I think they can make us a top 2 team next year and with fans back that seems much more appealing to me than scrabbling up through the play offs to face a season of struggle next year. Maybe I’m out of step with the general feeling though!

‘The last thing we need with this lot is promotion’.

I can never understand thinking like that.

Promotion is never the last thing you want, it’s what you are fecking aiming for ffs.

What is the fecking point otherwise?

Even if we didn’t improve the squad, which is extremely unlikely, we would have at least one season of much better football to watch.

Any fan who wouldn’t want that should take up supporting something else, flower arranging perhaps  Smile .

Deebo

Flower arranging is an incredibly competitive sport.
Flower arranging is probably a step too far for us at the moment, but I'm struggling to find a reason why I wouldn't want us to get to the Championship this season.

I agree there won't be much money spent if we stay where we are, but the Eisners know the Championship's financial possibilities and they wouldn't want to lose that status once gained.

They'd spend enough to make sure we kill what we eat another level up.
(11-04-2021, 11:03 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we didn’t improve the squad, which is extremely unlikely, we would have at least one season of much better football to watch.

But that's not true is it? Left unchanged the current squad would get turned over week after week and these hardcore supporters (like you and Cowes for example) would quickly be on here whining, moaning and telling us all where the club has gone wrong and how terrible the football is from Pompey. Because this fabled 'much better football' would actually be better teams relentlessly beating a substandard and poor Pompey side into oblivion, turning the supporters against the owners and management team as per the usual script. Underdogs are only underdogs for a short period of time, after which they just become poor football teams.

Seriously Gaffer, with your supposed insights into the game I would have thought you'd know that.
Cowleys out along with most of the so-called footballers.
ok, so I stand by my assertion that the last thing we need is promotion. Failure might lead to a total clear out (and I probably include the cowleys in that given the miserable football we are seeing under them in the last 3-4 games). Promotion might see some of these appalling players given another season. 1 point out of 9 against teams with nothing to play for is shameful. Hard to judge the Cowleys but there has been no improvement so far and certainly no entertainment for several games.