TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fan survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume everyone received the email with the back to fratton survey? Pretty sure it was a reaction to vaccine passport situation,just wondering what people's opinion was on this? Having had both my Jabs,I couldn't careless who else has had it around me,just got the impression this was all the survey was trying to gauge
If passports are needed to allow clubs to fill the ground to capacity then ok, otherwise I don’t care about those around me. It would be a shame if next season started with say 25% capacity instead of a full house to celebrate return to a form of normality.
Passports are a ridiculous idea. They achieve and prove nothing.

No evidence to show that a vaccine prevents spreading the virus. All it does is ensure that the person who has been vaccinated is immune from the worst effects, if they catch the disease.
Cunny, you're missing the point. If everyone is vaccinated then no-one can spread it to anyone. Duh....
(11-04-2021, 04:10 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Cunny, you're missing the point. If everyone is vaccinated then no-one can spread it to anyone. Duh....

Unproven. The vacs merely stop you getting seriously ill. Even then, they don't work with everybody and it's unknown about their effectiveness against new variants. In addition, they have been tested only for those showing symptoms. The effectiveness against asymptomatic carriers is unknown as is the capacity of a vaccinated person to spread it.
vaccines work to a high degree.
(11-04-2021, 03:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Passports are a ridiculous idea. They achieve and prove nothing.

No evidence to show that a vaccine prevents spreading the virus. All it does is ensure that the person who has been vaccinated is immune from the worst effects, if they catch the disease.

(11-04-2021, 04:10 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Cunny, you're missing the point. If everyone is vaccinated then no-one can spread it to anyone. Duh....

I’m afraid you are misinformed and you really should study things carefully before demonstrating your ignorance.

‘Duh’

I say that in a kind and supportive way, of course.
If everyone is vaccinated facts are clear.. much lower transmission and hugely reduced levels of serious illness. Vaccines are the only current way out and imo everyone without medical exemption should take the jab. If you don’t maybe you could be barred from certain places? However, back to the point of the thread.. yes I think the survey was to gauge response to passports and if having a passport is the only way to get a full house at Fratton then so be it.
Next season starts on 7th August- less than four months - there's no way any stadium will be full capacity. Can't see it happening until after next winter at the earliest.
‘If everyone is vaccinated facts are clear.. much lower transmission and hugely reduced levels of serious illness.’

Your first statement is false and misinformation like that needs to be stopped at source! Consult the statements made by the WHO and HM government.

I’m pleased to say that the second part of your statement is in accordance information given by the authorities.
(11-04-2021, 11:41 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Next season starts on 7th August- less than four months - there's no way any stadium will be full capacity. Can't see it happening until after next winter at the earliest.

Sadly I agree with you Tuffers.

There is no reason whatsoever why stadiums should not be full though.
I'm pretty sure we're only getting this loosening of lockdown to give a johnson the benefit of a feel-good bounce before the local elections. Remember, furlough has been extended to October.
Are you calling Johnson a johnson?
He's PM by deceit, doesn't deserve the proper noun.
In fairness, the number of cases you have over there probably don’t warrant any further lockdown.

Not Johnson’s biggest fan but if he does reap any benefit from that, I doubt it is by design. He’s too stupid.

Anyway, I suppose this should really be kept to the politics section (although football has often been a tool of the politicians.
Don’t be thinking he’s stupid - that bumbling clown act is all fake. That’s how he gets away with it.
just yesterday, scientific experts unrelated to the government expressed concern about early signs of a third wave stirring based on the delta variant of Covid.
The govt closed the border too late after public and media pressure last year not to close borders immediately on risk being found.
The vaccine evidence does suggest we will be ok, but only once all concerned have had two doses. (I only had 30% coverage from one dose apparantly so got moved up four weeks.)
(11-04-2021, 01:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]‘If everyone is vaccinated facts are clear.. much lower transmission and hugely reduced levels of serious illness.’

Your first statement is false and misinformation like that needs to be stopped at source! Consult the statements made by the WHO and HM government.

I’m pleased to say that the second part of your statement is in accordance information given by the authorities.

Cunning ....Public Health England research shows that vaccination reduces transmission ... why do you choose to ignore/disbelieve this ?  

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-d...20infected.

You can't just choose to call it misinformation because it disagrees with your pre-determined point of view.
just to point out again that transmission is reduced and chance of severe illness much reduced once you have had 2 jabs. Mischievous spreaders of anti-vac and deliberate misinformation are a danger because far to many people are gullible enough to believe. Very few people with 2 jabs are now entering hospital. More severe illness is currently associated with younger people with zero or one jab. As long as the 18-30 group take up the jab at 90+% and the Indian variant doesn't beat us to the punch we are well on the way to winning the battle.
(11-04-2021, 01:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]‘If everyone is vaccinated facts are clear.. much lower transmission and hugely reduced levels of serious illness.’

hmmm more twaddle. I refer you to the  information showing reduced transmission and very low numbers of people in hospital who have been vaccinated. More severe illness now associated strongly with those unvaccinated. One dose can reduce household transmission by up to a half.
More severe illness now associated strongly with those unvaccinated. One dose can reduce household transmission by up to a half.
Correct which led to the Bolton problem as so many of that community chose note to be vaccinated and lived in mulit generational households.