TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just disappointed that we are still not giving the other players a start to show that they can be better
That was appalling. Two points thrown away. For me Crewe were there for the taking in the second half. I couldn't believe it when I saw Marquis step up to take the penalty, you just knew he would miss.Surely there are two or three other players more reliable. You don't mind if the keeper makes a great save but when a striker takes such a poor penalty its a disgrace.
There were some awful performances out there e.g. Curtis who just runs into trouble constantly, Harness with his poor crossing, Williams running around a lot to liitte effect. 

Even if we somehow make it to the play offs I can't see us winning two games.
(13-04-2021, 07:04 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Pathetic performance. Cowley honeymoon over. it’s every bit as awful as it was under the previous clown. 6 games and I would suggest 1 and 2 half decent performances.

That basically says it's the players who are at fault not the managers.
Absolutely shocking display. I would love to know Harness passing stats. Half time I would have taken Harness Curtis and Williams off. Put on White Byers and Stanley and gone 4-4-2. Crewe were bang average and with Close White & Byers in midfield all 3 can play and see a pass. In my opinion Cowley left it to late to make subs.
(13-04-2021, 07:26 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-04-2021, 07:04 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Pathetic performance. Cowley honeymoon over. it’s every bit as awful as it was under the previous clown. 6 games and I would suggest 1 and 2 half decent performances.

That basically says it's the players who are at fault not the managers.

Absolutely. Sorry I didn’t make it clear that was what I was suggesting. This squad is not fit for purpose. Will they be given the summer to rebuild?
Absolutely shocking display. I would love to know Harness passing stats. Half time I would have taken Harness Curtis and Williams off. Put on White Byers and Stanley and gone 4-4-2. Crewe were bang average and with Close White & Byers in midfield all 3 can play and see a pass. In my opinion Cowley left it to late to make subs.
Surprised no-one has slated Naylor yet. I lost count of the times he passed the ball straight to the opposition. Embarrassingly poor.

Curtis no longer looks to get to the bye-line or run into the area, just drifts in-field into trouble. No-one can cross the fucking ball. Poor corners. It takes an age to move the ball up the field, hence we create so few chances - a huge failing of this system. At least under hoofball we got the ball forward quickly and created opportunities - granted they fell to the same useless striker. Daniels is clearly past it. Why not put Stanley on for 20 mins - else why is he on the bench?

But, I like the cut of Byers jib. I think he injects some urgency that we miss.

PUP
I think we get used to Naylor working hard , winning the ball and then passing to no one! Yes for a probable player of season (are there any other contenders?) he was dreadful tonight. Agree that if Stanley is on the bench presumably he could be used. Tonight would have been perfect as anything good he did would have been a bonus.
Agree Stanley has to be given a run, he is 19 not 16. Johnston would be my nominee for player of the season (I imagine McG must also be in there)
Time to give Byers or White a start or two if only to rest Naylor and any of the winger types.
Pages: 1 2