TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jackett players in Cowley system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doesn't work.
Naylor is the most obvious example of that. Whereas Close (even better in the correct position) already looks more comfortable.
(13-04-2021, 07:30 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work.

Agree. Can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear
But also what doesnt work is Jackett players in a Jackett system ;-)

The silver lining is that the ball is mostly played along the deck. We just have some really poor personnel executing the plan.
Phrase of the season... poor first touch from....
(13-04-2021, 10:33 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Phrase of the season... poor first touch from....

of all our players who do we think has the best and worst first touch?
worst sadly does seem to be Marquis.
Best. Jack (as he often immediately gets the ball rolling to where he can play a pass from) 

Which would worry me as a manager if the best first touch is a centre half.
(13-04-2021, 10:33 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Phrase of the season... poor first touch from....

I honestly thought we had signed a player with the surname ‘terriblefirstouch’ as I heard it mentioned so many times on tuesday
Toss up between Marquis and Raggett. You never know where the balls gonna end up when it’s heading in their direction.
(15-04-2021, 09:10 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Toss up between Marquis and Raggett. You never know where the balls gonna end up when it’s heading in their direction.

and how about best touch?
(15-04-2021, 10:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-04-2021, 09:10 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Toss up between Marquis and Raggett. You never know where the balls gonna end up when it’s heading in their direction.

and how about best touch?

Probs Ben Close. Takes the ball and finds a blue shirt.
I'd agree with Close too
Jack's got a good touch.. unfortunately it's usually with opponents' legs.