TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just reminding my self that it is a half twelve kick off.
Are we expecting any changes to the team or is it same again.
I guess I'm not alone in really hoping to see a chance for young Stanley and the resting of one or two of the completely shattered first eleven (Naylor)
And of Naylor and Brown were both out, who would you pick as Captain?
Jack W
MK Dons sitting cosy in mid-table safety. Let's hope they've got their sandals and suncream on.
I hope MK field as strong a team as possible and really give it a go......and we beat them 4-0

Bored with sterile football.
In many ways this is a must-win game, we would start to make things difficult for ourselves if we only got say one point, thereby probably dropping out of the play off zone. It wouldn't do a lot for confidence either coming into the last straight.
Currently Pompey have 65 from 40, Oxford 62 from 41 and Charlton 62 from 39 and I see those 3 as our biggest rivals for 6th spot

The next three games are:
Pompey A MK Dons, A Swindon, H Bristol Rvrs
Oxford H Gills, A Wimbledon and H Plymouth
Charlton H Ipswich, A Plymouth and H Posh

I don’t expect the three teams all to be 100% but if Pompey do get the 9 point maximum we will be decently placed for the playoffs

The final furlong is:
Pompey A Accy, A Wimbledon, H Accy
Oxford A Shrews, H Burton
Charlton H Crewe, A Accy, H Lincoln, H Hull

Certainly Charlton have the most difficult final burst especially having to fit in the extra game and Lincoln and Hull as their last two games.

Of course, Lincoln and Blackpool (both 66 from 39) may yet fall and let us in.

Deep has already pointed out that our target should be 5th place if we are to avoid Sunderland H and A and be better placed to beat them at Wembley.

So many ifs and buts but Pompey on a winning run-in will suit us fine.
I always appreciate the time taken by some, to work out the whys and wherefores for me. Good research and ta.
agreed, thanks for the research. also agree about big Jack being captain, I'd like to see him given the job for next season too.
Charlton v Ipswich and Blackpool v Sunderland, four lots of fans cr*pping themselves this afternoon (I’m wearing two sets of pants today I must admit).
(17-04-2021, 10:18 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Currently Pompey have 65 from 40, Oxford 62 from 41 and Charlton 62 from 39 and I see those 3 as our biggest rivals for 6th spot

The next three games are:
Pompey A MK Dons, A Swindon, H Bristol Rvrs
Oxford H Gills, A Wimbledon and H Plymouth
Charlton H Ipswich, A Plymouth and H Posh

I don’t expect the three teams all to be 100% but if Pompey do get the 9 point maximum we will be decently placed for the playoffs

The final furlong is:
Pompey A Accy, A Wimbledon, H Accy
Oxford A Shrews, H Burton
Charlton H Crewe, A Accy, H Lincoln, H Hull

Certainly Charlton have the most difficult final burst especially having to fit in the extra game and Lincoln and Hull as their last two games.

Of course, Lincoln and Blackpool (both 66 from 39) may yet fall and let us in.

Deep has already pointed out that our target should be 5th place if we are to avoid Sunderland H and A and be better placed to beat them at Wembley.

So many ifs and buts but Pompey on a winning run-in will suit us fine.

Disappointed you didn't figure in the relative goal difference and goals for factor including head-to-heads which could be an important factor, Wightie.   Big Grin
With 4W 1D 1L since they took over, I imagine a similar run to the end of season would do the job. 78 points?
78 is my target and that would eliminate oxford, accies, gills and Ipswich pretty much from the equation, leaving Pompey, Lincoln, Blackpool and charlton to fight over 3 places. Wouldn't want to achieve that if we lose today so at least a draw is crucial.
struggling to follow the game as my iplayer keeps cutting out. Both sides look much better going forward (in between our bad choices and passes) and rocky defensively.
sums it up. Poor decisions from Pompey time and time again in the final third.