TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you can't polish a turd
I do think they have been trying their hardest, we have created chances but are just not quite good enough against another side that play to modern rules, fall over a lot and have funneleed back and challenged us to break them down. We really need one player who can take on and beat his man.
Our best player has let down Pompey badly. Ridiculous tackle inviting being sent off. Ref happy to oblige.
Cowleys already struggling to find goals in the squad. Now going to be struggling to stop them going in at the other end! This Pompey squad is letting the club and its supporters down big time not to forget the owners.
I would say 1 point out of 9 against teams with nothing to play for is unacceptable.

Deebo

Technically and decision-making wise the worst Pompey side I can remember.
Hard to judge against the rubbish we had in the Ian St John era but given that this bunch are supposed to be promotion chasing lge 1 / fringe championship players then they are certainly close to being the worst / most under-performing bunch.
Ah well, when we beat Swindon and br Rov next up we'll be right back in it haha.
What is galling for me was that MK Dons looked the better side throughout, even though the score didn't reflect that. Their passing and movement were much better and it was a relatively easy win for them. All that passing out from the back and retaining possession that the Cowley's had initially built in was just simply not there today.  You have to say that the squad that Jackett built is simply not fit for purpose.
It isn't and his legacy will linger until we can make a fresh start. However, I am still disappointed that the Cowleys have failed to get anything from them. Even the early enthusiasm and running has waned and the players look back to their jackett worst. I don't know what their remit was when they took over but I suspect they wont be getting an extended contract unless things improve fast.
I would like to know who was responsible for the signing of so many poor players. Harness Williams Cannon Raggett Downing and Harrison to name a few. Was it all down to Jackett’s poor judgement ? How did we miss out on good players that went to Peterborough for example who with respect to them should never out do us. I have always questioned Mark Catlin when it comes to negotiating player signings. 
Well I hope that is it now because if by some miracle we made the playoffs we will again be embarrassed in the semifinals.
Downing, Daniels, Harrison in that order for me, then Harness. It's also the imbalance of the squad.. hundreds of mediocre midfielders and 2 'strikers'. In Jan we got another 2 midfielders that have made no difference to us plus a rubbish left-back, and still no strikers. I was trying to think if we had also let players go that went on to better things (I don't mean Lowe or Clarke)? Marquis remains a million pounds of mystery. Since he returned from suspension, 3 games, one goal (from Daniels) nothing from Marquis except a missed penalty and a shocking miss from 3 yards with his head.
I would like to know who was responsible for the signing of so many poor players. Harness Williams Cannon Raggett Downing and Harrison to name a few. Was it all down to Jackett’s poor judgement ? How did we miss out on good players that went to Peterborough for example who with respect to them should never out do us. I have always questioned Mark Catlin when it comes to negotiating player signings. 
Well I hope that is it now because if by some miracle we made the playoffs we will again be embarrassed in the semifinals.
Jackett is surely responsible with advice from his scouting and coaching team.
(17-04-2021, 01:16 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-04-2021, 01:11 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]As things stand if Oxford win later today Pompey will be out of the play off places yet again.

or a charlton goal does the same I think. 1 point from 9, desperately poor football, no discipline, almost back to where we were under jackett.

Is it just beginning to dawn on some people that the problem under Jackett might have been the players as much as the manager. His players admittedly.
(17-04-2021, 02:44 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Jackett is surely responsible with advice from his scouting and coaching team.

Phil Boardman has been in charge of recruitment for the past few years - a staff member the Cowleys have waxed lyrical about.
There lie two problems we should be aiming to fix.
Stan Boardman?
Went to Gunwharf after watching that shit with my 18 month old grandaughter, had a lovely time. If those players are here next season I won't be back.

Utter garbage and they should be ashamed. They clearly don't care and tbh neither do I anymore this season. Fuck em!
Plenty starting to feel the same way.
(17-04-2021, 01:11 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]As things stand if Oxford win later today Pompey will be out of the play off places yet again.

And Oxford duly and predictably deliver from 2-0 down. Out of the play off places Pompey go. Will they be back? I genuinely can’t decide. My heart says of course they will but my head tells me that on current performances, no chance!

Deebo

(17-04-2021, 03:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just beginning to dawn on some people that the problem under Jackett might have been the players as much as the manager. His players admittedly.

Dear Players

It's not my fault everyone thinks you're shit. I only signed you. Why would I sign a million pound player who can't trap a ball? Don't know, but don't blame me. Coaching and development? What's that?

Love
King Kenny J
xxx

PS: Retirement is great. Come on in, the water's lovely.
(17-04-2021, 01:27 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Technically and decision-making wise the worst Pompey side I can remember.

Unless this is your first season watching Pompey, or you have dementia, I very much suspect you are being hysterical

Deebo

Your opinion on my mental health or anything else for that matter means fuck all to me. Not for the first time I very much suspect you are a cock.
Different times I know, but compare Our third division team of the early 80s against this shower of shit. Hysterical?, nope just depressingly realistic. We have a collection of bluffers and tryers that are just about able to survive at this level and that’s it and it breaks my heart to say it. It is the club strategy/ vision of what we need to be doing to progress that is wrong. Not what manager we have. Nothing but gambling on short term two/three year cycles, a pattern that fails more than it succeeds.
Money counts of course but when it does you don’t waste it. Get a medium to long term vision in place. One that brings in the right youngsters and work around that, I’d rather stay in this division longer than had hoped(if we haven’t already!) and saw some hope that we were playing the right way and could build something better.
Pages: 1 2