TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: More bite in midfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been lacking for two years or more so for me this is a priority for next season.
Sammy Smodics might well have changed our season, one of the best attacking midfielders in L1 and with 14 league goals already, pity we lost him to Posh who he joined in a £1 million deal, we were in for  him apparently but lost out yet again.

Pompey wasted money on the Cannons and Morris’s of this world and then wonder why our midfield is lacklustre, not being unduly critical of the player but the fact that a majority on this Board rate Close as our best midfielder says it all, no great influence, few goals, just a bit better than the mediocrity that surrounds him.

Midfield is just over run and, yes, we must get better players there but who knows where our managements priorities lie ?
(18-04-2021, 03:39 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Sammy Smodics might well have changed our season, one of the best attacking midfielders in L1 and with 14 league goals already, pity we lost him to Posh who he joined in a £1 million deal, we were in for  him apparently but lost out yet again.

Pompey wasted money on the Cannons and Morris’s of this world and then wonder why our midfield is lacklustre, not being unduly critical of the player but the fact that a majority on this Board rate Close as our best midfielder says it all, no great influence, few goals, just a bit better than the mediocrity that surrounds him.

Midfield is just over run and, yes, we must get better players there but who knows where our managements priorities lie ?

'the fact that a majority on this Board rate Close as our best midfielder', says more about the posters on this forum!
That’s harsh. He has the best first touch of any of our midfielders and is the only one that can pass accurately. Add to that he is capable of scoring goals then I think people are entitled to think he might be the best of a bad bunch. It can’t be cannon or harness or Williams or Morris or Byers or white so..... only leaves him and Naylor. You shouldn’t be so quick to be insulting about people who are entitled to opinions and whose opinions may just be right and yours might be wrong.
(18-04-2021, 06:14 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]That’s harsh. He has the best first touch of any of our midfielders and is the only one that can pass accurately. Add to that he is capable of scoring goals then I think people are entitled to think he might be the best of a bad bunch. It can’t be cannon or harness or Williams or Morris or Byers or white so..... only leaves him and Naylor. You shouldn’t be so quick to be insulting about people who are entitled to opinions and whose opinions may just be right and yours might be wrong.

Not sure you should be so quick to lecture - just looks like arrogance.
No coincidence that teams like Peterborough who pick up decent players also spend the most on agents fees. I do wonder if the PFC owners are reticent to pay large agents fees, hence why we miss out on some of the more influential players who end up at our rivals.
(18-04-2021, 07:57 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2021, 06:14 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]That’s harsh. He has the best first touch of any of our midfielders and is the only one that can pass accurately. Add to that he is capable of scoring goals then I think people are entitled to think he might be the best of a bad bunch. It can’t be cannon or harness or Williams or Morris or Byers or white so..... only leaves him and Naylor. You shouldn’t be so quick to be insulting about people who are entitled to opinions and whose opinions may just be right and yours might be wrong.

Not sure you should be so quick to lecture - just looks like arrogance.

I will lecture whenever I wish. I spent a lifetime doing it. You need to accept others have opinions which are as good as yours and without them getting insulted. Insults are thrown around by people who cannot construct a reasoned argument.
Hopefully, your lifetime of lecturing showed a bit more objectivity and little less arrogance. I think if you read the posts the insults sit firmly in your threads.
If that’s what you think you are entitled to your opinion. Here endeth my lecture.
if my club avoids paying agents, then I'm all in favour of that thankyou. Any player is welcome to have an agent but they should be paying them not the fans through our ticket money.