TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: I didn’t see it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Accidentally missed the first half hour, due to the early kickoff. I saw the 1-0 score line and made the decision to give it a miss. 

Pompey aren’t firing at the moment. There are too many players not performing at their best and the curious thing, for me, is that the culprits are usually the ones who try hardest. Williams, Harness, Marquis, Curtis and Naylor just aren’t cutting it, for some reason. They just aren’t performing to their potential.

Would I be correct in guessing it was the same group last night?

I find it difficult to blame anyone in the defense (except Daniels). If they have to do more than their share of the work then they will obviously make more mistakes. 

The man who does nothing, makes no errors.
I made the mistake of watching. It was slightly different last night. Curtis, I thought, put in a decent shift and McG of course saved us a couple of times. The rest of the usual suspects were poor. Harness and Williams irrelevant, Marquis was a disaster. However raggett had a nightmare, the Dane gave away the third goal and daniels continued his bid to be in the worst Pompey XI of all time.
Forever - right on the money, I’ve watched every game on iFollow and last evening was a gigantic waste of £10.

The fact that Daniels et al will probably be trotted out against Bristol Rovers says it all i.e. we are pretty clueless from top to bottom.

Of course, correct to blame the players and management but shouldn’t those above them (Catlin, Boardman etc) carry even more blame for allowing us to get into this mess ?

Deebo

"Would I be correct in guessing it was the same group last night?"

Try watching. You might come across as someone who has a clue what they're talking about for once
Daniels in the worst ever XI is a good shout for me, he's damned lucky the fans are not in the ground as left backs usually get the worst stick of all.
Marquis tried hard and then made himself look completely incompetent when through on goal. Made worse by seeing his predecessor do what strikers are paid to do.
Curtis did his best and showed that given chances he is the best finisher we have.
The rest ran around a lot but once again we were second best in both boxes. To adapt the dart saying, "passing's for show, scoring's for dough"
Poor old Drew Talbot had the worst game I’ve ever seen but Daniels has been much more consistent in his awful performances. 

Drew had a (really) bad day but Daniels should know better and that’s much worse.