TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It's all a cunning plot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't figure out why we've so down-hill so fast since Xmas, but it's suddenly dawned on me tonight:

It's all a cunning plot by the whole management team, and the players are in on it. Make it look as if we are useless (they are doing a great job), sneak into the playoffs, play a bit better (but not too much) in the semi's, and then wham-bang go bananas in the final, Marquis gets a hat-trick after the opposition planed to forget about him as he's been a dumbo last 6 months.

??⚽⚽⚽

Yup, I reckon that's it. Brilliant strategy innit  Shy
I'm not so sure.....do we ever stick to a plan?
Would be good though.
its the only way to win the play offs!
We have to win 3 more games and hope charlton mess up. Still mathematically possible but our bunch of bottlejobs don’t have it in them unfortunately.
(24-04-2021, 05:08 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We have to win 3 more games and hope charlton mess up. Still mathematically possible but our bunch of bottlejobs don’t have it in them unfortunately.

I suspect you are right Pedalo but hope you are not ?.

It’s the hope that gets you isn’t it?
(24-04-2021, 05:36 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2021, 05:08 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We have to win 3 more games and hope charlton mess up. Still mathematically possible but our bunch of bottlejobs don’t have it in them unfortunately.

I suspect you are right Pedalo but hope you are not ?.

It’s the hope that gets you isn’t it?

Yeh absolutely, its the hope that is so excruciating! This team are so good at leaving it to the last possible moment to disappoint. I hope im wrong but it would be very out of character for this group of players to achieve something good.
It looks like nobody is up for it. Results could hardly have gone any better for us today with Lincoln, Blackpool, Donny and Charlton all losing at home. Ipswich seem incapable of winning with Cook and only Oxford spoilt our perfect day. Incredibly we’re still in with a shout despite being outplayed recently by several no-hopers. P U P
(24-04-2021, 06:54 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like nobody is up for it. Results could hardly have gone any better for us today with Lincoln, Blackpool, Donny and Charlton all losing at home. Ipswich seem incapable of winning with Cook and only Oxford spoilt our perfect day. Incredibly we’re still in with a shout despite being outplayed recently by several no-hopers. P U P

It was a good day Big Grin

You had me right up til the Marquis bit Rocketman. If that's true he deserves a Best Actor nomination.
Typical Last minute Pompey Rollercoaster. Just when you think every things sorted for the playoffs we go off the rails but now edging back onto them we hope. A win today should give them confidence along with a clean sheet. But looking at the match stats it seems we were pretty lucky to get the win & spent most of the game committing fouls or Marquis being caught offside. Let's hope the Cowleys hit the performance button & we scrape into 6th place! PUP.
That has been Marquis’s game for the last 5 months! Foul, offside, run around, foul, offside, miscontrol, run around, foul, offside, miscontrol ...
At the moment we are lamentable and getting promoted via the playoffs seems fanciful but football has the power to surprise so all is not completely lost.

A number of players will have to hugely improve for Pompey to pull it off but especially Marquis, Harness, Williams as it’s goals which will get us promoted not fluffing our lines when very well placed to make the killer pass or score.

The away games at Accy and Wimbledon will probably be pivotal and I can’t  say that I feel any great confidence about 6 points being collected but maybe Rocketman’s theory is correct. Probably get decent odds on Marquis to get a hatrick in either game.
Hull and Peterboro are clearly the standout teams this year, thanks to having 2 or 3 top performing and consistent players, including a regular goal scorer.

All the teams in or still vying for the play-offs have had patches of good form but are genuinely bang average outfits, and getting away with it. Look at Sunderland; no wins in 6, but still in 3rd!? I'd have thought only Sunderland, with their new money, would stand much of a chance if they go up. We are currently like a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest.

If you were a gambling man, you'd never back one of these teams.
this part of the season is always tough to call. We became brilliant at being crap all season then putting a run together about now to avoid relegation on the last day of the season, usually somewhere a long way up north. The middling decent sides always seem to crumble under pressure about now.