TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today (actual)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-05-2021, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2021, 06:08 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]8Forever - generally agree with those ratings, just as well Brown was on the money today otherwise the glaring opportunities missed by Marquis might have been the main talking point this evening.

I thought we were pretty dire for the first twenty minutes or so but then grew into the game and Brown’s two goals at the end of the first half allowed us the luxury of knocking the ball around in the second half for long spells

I can’t help but feel that if Piggot had been in our number 9 shirt instead of Wimbledon’s, we would have been home and hosed far earlier, The Wombles will have to fend off plenty of interest in him during the summer I imagine.

The only downer in the afternoon for me was the late win for Oxford and draw for Charlton, at one time we seemed to be over the play-off line but now we have to beat Accy (who I hope will have their holidays in mind from the kick- off), there are no certainties with this Pompey side.

I wonder how much they are asking for Pigott ?  

Commentary said Watford were interested but maybe they'll drop that interest now they have been promoted.

Piggot iirc is a free agent in the summer. 
Offer Wimbledon £500K and Harrison as a make-weight (no point in offering Marquis it would just frighten Wimbledon off )

Piggot 44 games - 21 goals 5 assists playing in a team that have flirted with relegation all season

Marquis 40 games - 16 goals 4 assists playing in a team that have laid on chances a plenty
(01-05-2021, 08:56 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Offer Wimbledon £500K and Harrison as a make-weight (no point in offering Marquis it would just frighten Wimbledon off )

Piggot 44 games - 21 goals 5 assists playing in a team that have flirted with relegation all season

Marquis 40 games - 16 goals 4 assists playing in a team that have laid on chances a plenty

He's a free agent Wightblue, we dont have to offer them anything.
Quick ! Taxi to Fratton Park for Mr Piggot !
I thought he'd be a great signing for us last summer. I can't believe how many fairly simple chances Marquis misses.

At least Harness seems to have been restored to normality.
If we were to be seriously interested in Piggot (or any other current goal scorers like Charles at Accy)  we won’t be alone, I just hope we don’t lose out on him as we did with Smodics (surely one of the most influential midfielders in League 1 this season). If we had Smodics in our midfield this season it might be us in the Autos and not Posh

We were done up by Posh and it wasn’t the first time we have let a very good player slip through our fingers, wasn’t Ivan Toney (amongst others) another who might have come to Fratton.

I don’t know who makes the decisions as to who we buy or not buy but we must hope that the decision making process is much more efficient and focussed than in the last four seasons.

In a nutshell, buying more like Smodics and less like Marquis and Harrison
What's all the excitement about Piggot, similar age with slightly worse strike rate than JM albeit he has scored 4 more this season.
(02-05-2021, 12:43 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]What's all the excitement about Piggot, similar age with slightly worse strike rate than JM albeit he has scored 4 more this season.

As the Cricket commentators say, you are always worldclass when not in the team.
Pages: 1 2