TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Odds on for the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
William Hill apparently have us as 4/5 on to reach the playoffs, ahead of Oxford at 2/1 and Charlton at 9/4. 

I thought that was pretty tight odds until I realised we will almost certainly be less than that to beat Accrington and it's even possible that a draw or defeat might be enough.

Deebo

Imho I think we need to be really positive in our approach to the game and go all out for the win. Any hesitancy or negativity probably won't work against a strong side with nothing to lose. Go for the jugular from the start and don't try and keep it too "tight".
It’s win or bust. It’s going to be a very very nervy game.
Charlton may be out of the reckoning before Sunday.

Accy tend to play open football - 3-3 vs both us and Sunderland - which usually suits us. Agree that we need to go for it as an open game gives Curtis and Harness the space to run and cause havoc down the wings.
It has to be an all out positive approach for the three points needed to secure a guaranteed play off  finish.
In the event of Accrington Stanley "parking the bus" then there will be major frustration, within the team as well as we fans, which will only increase the further the game goes without the necessary break through being achieved.
With all respect to our opponents, in the event of anything less than a resounding victory the result would indicate that Pompey are not yet ready to to progress, with the present personnel, to the higher echelons.
Think positive, go for it from the start. Do not allow frustration to impede the positive mindset, no matter how late in the game.  All to play for. Come on you guys.
Go for the early goal so they have to come out & we hit them on the break.
Charlton 0-0 Lincoln HT

As it stands, we would need to equal Oxfords result on Saturday (provided we dont lose and Charlton dont win big).
(04-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Charlton 0-0 Lincoln HT

As it stands, we would need to equal Oxfords result on Saturday (provided we dont lose and Charlton dont win big).

well,  that made charlton go one up just after half time
(04-05-2021, 07:14 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Charlton 0-0 Lincoln HT

well,  that made charlton go one up just after half time

3 up now
I feel it in my water: We'll draw and Oxford will win.
Get a grip, we'll win then everything else is immaterial, piece of piss!!!!
I’m with Tomsk ? . We’ll finish 6 th and go up via the play offs. TAGFACT
I have a funny feeling we'll be successful this time. Just because it's about time and these players have it all to prove.
(05-05-2021, 04:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m with Tomsk ? 

Are you feeling alright?  Smile
I am now KJ has left, it was 4 yrs of dark pessimism for me but now it’s all really good ?
So I'm guessing you won't be making contact with Kenny to thank him for his contribution?

Btw you've got a rogue '?' key on your keyboard  Cool
(05-05-2021, 04:44 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm guessing you won't be making contact with Kenny to thank him for his contribution?

Btw you've got a rogue '?' key on your keyboard  Cool

I think the rogue ‘?’ appears if you try to use an external emoji.
Yeh, can confirm rogue ?

Jizzbag, you’re bang on about the players having it all to prove. I’m sick of the sight of most of them! They’ve had so many opportunities to come good and bottled it every time.
It's in our hands is what the Cowley's will have told the players so go all out for the win.