TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Brown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has taken some stick on here through the season. Do we aim for next season with him as number one (assuming league one) or do we look to move him down to back up?
I’d get Seddon in if available
Seddon was good, but Brown is pretty good too. However, on Saturday he was a revelation and both his goals should be very high candidates for goal of the season. I'd try and get Seddon in, but then play whoever is in form at the time. Same at CB for this Sat and playoff games if we get there. Jack in theory is the best CB we have. However, he's been a disgrace getting sent off twice at a critical time and missing 7 games. Downing was excellent on Saturday, Raggett less so for sure, but is JW going to be match fit?
Doesn’t it depend on what division we are in ?

Should we achieve something of a miracle and find ourselves in The Championship, many of our current squad, including Brown, may struggle, stay in League 1 and its strengthening to achieve promotion next season.

Agree that Brown was outstanding yesterday but there was a short lived period earlier in the season when Naylor was scoring for fun, didn’t last long, will Brown be any different ?

Everything recruitment has to be viewed against ‘we only eat what we kill’, surely that suggests Cowley’s recruitment budget will be just as constrained as in the past. Look out for Pompey shopping in the Bargain Basement.
Not sure many clubs will be doing anything other than free transfers this year, no income to speak of must have a serious impact.

Deebo

"Look out for Pompey shopping in the Bargain Basement."

There's plenty on offer in Football Poundland if you bother to look. I used to watch Colby Bishop at Leamington and would never have believed how he has progressed. He cost a fraction of Marquis's fee and looked every bit as good if not better last week.
Always been a bit of a fan of Brown in the same way as Evans. Wholehearted if not massively talented. He would surely struggle in champ but one more year in lge one would probably be ok. Seddon would be great competition.
(03-05-2021, 01:43 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Always been a bit of a fan of Brown in the same way as Evans. Wholehearted if not massively talented. He would surely struggle in champ but one more year in lge one would probably be ok. Seddon would be great competition.

Brown has tons of heart and, in these days of wooden football personalities, I'd back character over ability any day
(03-05-2021, 10:58 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]"Look out for Pompey shopping in the Bargain Basement."

There's plenty on offer in Football Poundland if you bother to look. I used to watch Colby Bishop at Leamington and would never have believed how he has progressed. He cost a fraction of Marquis's fee and looked every bit as good if not better last week.

One of my mates is a big Leamington 'Brakes' fan, when I pop back to blighty, I often take in a game with him at Leam, small world!

Deebo

Funny old place innit. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere on a hill. Freezing cold usually. The only ground I know of that has had a match cancelled because of an outbreak of foulpest. Viva Holleran!
The only ground I know of that has had a match cancelled because of an outbreak of foulpest.
made me smile which I need this evening.

Deebo

Doh. I'm blaming predictive text.
He's bang in form so definitely must start. Just off to watch the goals on highlights now.
Just watched & he was brilliant the commentator said he was like Roberto Carlos!! Must start against Accy & could take a penalty as well or Naylor. Raggett should have stopped their goal & didn't even attempt to divert the through ball to Piggott who looks good at tis level but is he Championship level? I'd start Jack & Downing against Accy & warn Jack against making any rash tackles which could cost us the game.