TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: RIP Alan McLoughlin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Legend has died aged only 54. Fondly remembered for his seven years with us and his local media career. Also a hero in Ireland for scoring the goal that got them to the 1994 World Cup.
Oh my Christ!! How bloody terrible!! RIP Macca xx
That is desperately sad news. What a legend... even made the dreaded transition from scummers and still became a hero. I hope we can give him the proper one minute reception at the start of next season. RIP Macca.
Very, very sad, great player for us.
Far to early, very sad. My thoughts are with his family.
The term "legend" is so overused these days, but Macca truly was one. Should be a minutes silence on Sat by the players, and at the start of next season when crowds are back, to show how much respect we have for him.
Awful news. 

He has always been the proof that scummers can be accepted by the Fratton crowd and become legends in blue. Mind you that's a small club with probably only him and Alan Ball in it.
Very, very sad.
Such a shock, and so young.
Fondly remembered

Rest In Peace Macca
Absolutely heart-breaking news - 54 is way too early and he still had so much to offer the game.

One of my favourite Pompey players, he had so much talent that it still remains a mystery why he never played at the top level. The hat-trick at Blackburn stands out as one of my favourite memories, especially as they were the current champions at the time.

RIP Macca.
A great player for us and Ireland, thanks for all the brilliant memories mate.

54 is far too young to go and my condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP Alan.
so much part of the key years of my support (after AB's mongrels)
his poor family.
A true gentleman and seriously good player.
sad.
Rest Easy Al
A Fine Human Being and Footballer and Commentator.
Agree with everything already said so far on this thread.
Pompey Legend.
RIP Alan.
RIP Macca. Terribly sad news.
Very good tributes from the club and Alan Knight I thought.
True Pompey legend, during his playing days and beyond. RIP Macca.
RIP Alan, incredibly sad news
Very sad news. He gave me, and thousands more, one of our happiest moments supporting Pompey when he knocked that goal in against Nottingham Forest. I always remember John Motson saying at the end of the game, that he had never seen a crowd happier. RIP and thanks for the memories
Some lovely tributes to Macca on the Official site
I remember after the game, we were all outside the Milton Arms when the forest coach turned right from priory crescent right in front of us , there was a few hand gestures and cloughie smiled and clapped the Pompey fans.
Cheers Alan for the memories.
A wonderful footballer and person. Gone far too soon. ?
Terrible News & far too young to leave us all. What a player as well so skillfull & scored a few goals for the blues in 350 games. I assume he's in the Pompey Hall Of Fame but if not deserves to have a place.
Gilles, is that really you? Where you bin the last two years???
Pages: 1 2