TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big Mac
Johnson Downing Raggett Brown
Naylor 
Harness Byers Williams Curtis
Marquis
Yup, I'd go with that. This game is "must win". If we do win, next game isn't. Downing doesn't deserve to lose his place, and Raggett is left footed.
I'd have Jack back!
BTC, in place of who? Don't think he should play two right footed CB's
Whatmough and Raggett have been the centre defensive partnership for most of this season. Jack has started 31 games and Raggett 45.
Yes sure, but as DC said of last week, Downing was MoTM "by a county mile". Not actually sure about that, Brown was pretty awesome. But anyway it's better to have 3 to choose from than 1 + stand-in!
Whatmough is not the player he was. Own goals and reckless challenges are the last thing we need.
Bizarre how football goes, isn't it. Two weeks ago not a single one of us would even in our wildest dreams have been suggesting that Downing ought to be starting the biggest game of our season, yet here we are and it seems like a sensible argument.

Rasmus the forgotten man must be a bit miffed.
Mac the Flapper
          Whatmough Downing Raggett                  

Johnson    Naylor Close            Brown

Harness or Willi Wombat    Curtis                           

Marquis
(08-05-2021, 05:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, I'd go with that. This game is "must win". If we do win, next game isn't. Downing doesn't deserve to lose his place, and Raggett is left footed.

Raggett isn't left footed, he is right footed, but unlike a lot of professionals can kick very well with his weaker foot, and is comfortable playing on that side.
(08-05-2021, 07:27 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Whatmough is not the player he was. Own goals and reckless challenges are the last thing we need.

He is 24 years old - you make him sound like a 40 year-old veteran.

I can't imagine for a minute that he meant to score in his own net and most people agree that his first red card was unwarranted.

He's a fantastic centre-back, he's fit and he's fresh!
I cant imagine a scenario where Danny thinks it’s a good idea to leave out his best CB. The headache is does he either play him next to Raggett who is a guaranteed liability, or does he play him next to Downing, who he has never played with.

My team would be: 4411

Mac G
Johnson Downing Whatmough Brown
Harness Naylor Close Curtis
——Williams
———Marquis
Agree that the rest of the team looks nailed on. I'm not sure who I'd choose from the 3 centre backs. Downing suddenly looked like what we paid for. Good news going into the possible extra games though!
Whatmough in.
Jack and Downing apparently
Pedalo wins
Just as important overlooked here Hiwula on the bench so hopefully fit & may we need him 2nd half dependent on how we're doing. If we need more energy in midfield Cannon is there as well. Also Raggett in case of injury to either CB. That's about as much as the Managers can do. Now let's Go Win the Game!
Kenny on the tv panel. Looks relaxed & should make some interesting input.
I believe I read that Downing is a good talker and organiser, with Brown's experience hopefully we see a calmer defence. Maybe that's why he's in, both Jack and Raggie have got rattled at times this season.
Looking like an error to play downing. Not picking up his man. So far a really insipid performance all over the pitch from our superstars. Show some passion!
If the crowd were there they'd be screaming at the players. Fucking rubbish so far. They need a blast.
Naylor is incapable of passing to a blue shirt
Naylor has got worse and worse and will still be player of season. Tells us where we are currently
Thank goodness so many are out of contract soon. This lot will see us back in league 2 next season.

As for the cowleys, no thanks.
For me the Cowleys have done nothing to suggest they're capable of doing anything much for us. Clearly they're not motivators, given today's performance and many others. I think we need a shouting firey motivator rather than a studioius iPad intellectual. Fergie rather than Wenger.
Pages: 1 2