TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley's player recruitment experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know their successes or failures? I'd have thought their experience is fairly limited.
seem to be experienced on a budget, unless they have got unbelievably lucky they must be able to build decent squads for themselves.
(13-05-2021, 07:53 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know their successes or failures? I'd have thought their experience is fairly limited.

They know a good player when they see one and are very knowledgable on the English game.

As for ‘experience’, Kenny had plenty of that. Remind me how that went  Smile .
They definitely know a good player when they see one, after all, they named Johnny Marquis as the best striker they have worked with in a recent interview.
Lol Wighty
My understanding is that they are head coaches and the existing scouting setup remains in place from Cook/Jackett.

I have more faith in Cowley calling a spade a spade and telling them what he needs over Jackett going after anyone that Shrewsbury didn't want or another DM.

It sourced Lowe and Curtis so it isn't terrible.
(13-05-2021, 09:58 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]They definitely know a good player when they see one, after all, they named Johnny Marquis as the best striker they have worked with in a recent interview.

I'd assumed they were just blowing smoke up his arse to try to get him firing for the last few games to get us over the line, we'll see though
he is one of the most consistent performers at this level, I'm guessing most of us would not see him as capable of moving up a level though. That's the rub, those better have moved up, leaving not so many who play at this level and stay at this level scoring goals season in season out.
>+he is one of the most consistent performers at this level,>
If by consistent you mean poor and clueless then yes JM is very consistent
(13-05-2021, 09:58 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]They definitely know a good player when they see one, after all, they named Johnny Marquis as the best striker they have worked with in a recent interview.

They signed Raggett at Lincoln!....not good enough.