TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Catlin Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14-05-2021, 10:14 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Breaking News

Some on here have blamed Caitlin for recent failures. They now have what they wished for. 

This is not good news in my opinion. Caitlin has been a fantastic servant to PFC over the years and I’m struggling to think of a better CEO. A big loss for Pompey.
That’s an interesting development, I am surprised he’s going to Topps as I thought he was pencilled in for a top job in The EFL hierarchy (well that’s what I read on this Board anyway).

Interesting to see who they appoint, they clearly have someone in the pipeline.
Being moved sideways within Tornante. Right decision. This is business, no room for sentiment.
I suppose there are different ways to view this. He has resigned because they need someone better in that position... he has been moved sideways for the same reason... he has been put in a more important position because the owners see him as someone high-powered and want him for their best interests and Pompey can make do with someone lesser (in which case we are nothing more than a bit of fun in their books). I don't know. my guess is the 2nd option.
(14-05-2021, 10:25 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Being moved sideways within Tornante. Right decision. This is business, no room for sentiment.

This is actually a promotion for Mark. He stays within the Eisners group of companies and takes over as general manger of Topps, which was recently floated for $1.3 billion.
Well, no one can blame him for taking that kind of position. Not sure where it leaves us as i have little idea what a CEO at a football club actually does!! Smile
Now his detractors will see what a great CEO he has been for Pompey. A sad loss to the club. Difficult, if not almost impossible to replace with individual of same quality. Sounds as though owners may already have a replacement lined up. Thanks and good luck in the future Mark. Always welcome back at Fratton Park.
I wish Mark well in his new role.
Many on this forum seemed to be blaming him for poor performances on the pitch, when surely they should (and were) targeting Kenny Jackett.
I appreciate the Mark backed Jackett, but then he would wouldn't he? What purpose would that have served to publicly slag Jackett off?
Maybe, just maybe the decision to bin Jackett was taken too late. In my opinion he should have gone at Christmas, there may have been a chance to get a decent srtiker in. Maybe the money was not there? Who knows.
All of the Catlin out lobby have got what they wished for. I hope that your wishes do not turn to carp.
Lets hope the new CEO is a good one.
PUP PTID.
The new man in is Andrew Cullen - from MK Dons...
PID spot on.
Think I’d rather have kept Catlin than have someone in who has worked closely with that ginormous spunk trumpet, Pete Winkelman.
The little coont has done very nicely out of the Eisners.
has done a great job for Pompey. As mentioned above we will see just how good he has been especially on how open he has been. Younger fans probably do not appreciate just how unique that video every month has been.
Great CEO. Good man. Big loss in my opinion.
His dithering with Jackett and letting him sign the dog5hit players totally showed his incompetence, after a decent start he was found wanting.
Goodbye and good luck
Syrup, the Manager decides who to buy, not the CEO or owner. Simple innit.
(15-05-2021, 03:57 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]His dithering with Jackett and letting him sign the dog5hit players totally showed his incompetence, after a decent start he was found wanting.
Goodbye and good luck

Incompetence would have been interfering with the manager's choice of players. Anyone who criticises him for anything on the pitch is missing the point big time 

Catlin has overseen a steady rise in the club's fortunes and finances. From the moment he volunteered to work for free for us until now he has been a brilliant appointment. He could have left for bigger clubs but he became such a Pompey fan he could not do that.

We should wish him well and be thankful that he is still on the board.

Cullen sounds a good choice of replacement too.
More clickbait from Uncle D