TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: First new signing tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Snooze Facebook website is reporting that Pompey have secured their first signing. It is a non-league player who has signed a contract to join Pompey this summer. However, the identity is not being revealed until tomorrow.
I would love it to be Joe Tomlinson from Eastleigh, that young man is going to have a major football league career somewhere soon.
I expect this pattern to be repeated ad nauseum through the summer - cheap, non-league players we've never heard of who are cheap. Also, did I mention how cost-effective they are going to be?
I think it's likely to be Liam Vincent a young defender from Bromley F.C.

Pompey have been tracking him for a while now.
Jamal Lowe was a disaster. Please don't repeat this mistake Pompey
(20-05-2021, 06:11 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I expect this pattern to be repeated ad nauseum through the summer - cheap, non-league players we've never heard of who are cheap. Also, did I mention how cost-effective they are going to be?

Glass half full Gerry?
(20-05-2021, 06:54 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Jamal Lowe was a disaster. Please don't repeat this mistake Pompey

Are you sure you have the right player?

Lowe was our top scorer 2 seasons ago & then was sold to Wigan with Paul Cook.

Then moved to Cardiff I think when Wigan fell apart.

Louis Dennis came from Bromley so maybe you mean him?
(20-05-2021, 07:46 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-05-2021, 06:54 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Jamal Lowe was a disaster. Please don't repeat this mistake Pompey

I think it was sarcasm.
(20-05-2021, 06:59 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-05-2021, 06:11 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I expect this pattern to be repeated ad nauseum through the summer - cheap, non-league players we've never heard of who are cheap. Also, did I mention how cost-effective they are going to be?

Glass half full Gerry?

Just developing a theme, bro  [Image: biggrin.png]
There are unpolished diamonds out there, so here’s hoping.
(20-05-2021, 08:04 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-05-2021, 07:46 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it was sarcasm.

No I think it was Swansea
I thought it was irony - but Port Talbot don't do that. Only steel.

...getting coat.
maybe we are moving into the world where prem clubs stock pile young talent then let them all go. they go into non league and we are becoming a club that then picks them up. Here's hoping.
Players come, players go. Only one thing remains and that’s our League 1 status
Accrington haven't done too bad with this approach,I think you need a mix of both experienced and unproven though
Have we signed anyone then?
(22-05-2021, 06:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Have we signed anyone then?

No-one can sign anyone until the transfer window opens ... but it sounds like Liam Vincent will be signing then.
(22-05-2021, 06:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

No-one can sign anyone until the transfer window opens ... but it sounds like Liam Vincent will be signing then.

When does the window open?
(23-05-2021, 07:26 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]

Tomorrow!
(23-05-2021, 07:35 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-05-2021, 07:26 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]

Tomorrow!

Here we go then! Hold onto your hats this could be a rough ride over the next few weeks. Go for it  Danny.
Two articles in the Snooze today. One states why Jack could well be staying, the other saying we have pretty much abandoned him plus Williams, Naylor and Close. Either way, whilst I would be happy enough for Jack W to stay, none of the four are worth losing sleep over. The problem really, is trying to find so many new players and then blending them into a working unit by early August. As an aside, I assume they have been offered reduced wages but can they realistically expect to be offered more elsewhere in current climate?
I'd be very concerned if we retained players who might feel pushed into a corner over wages. It's unlikely they'd give 100% effort next season and we'd have a repeat of the last few months.
How embarrassing, when I read what the other teams in our league are doing about reshaping their teams and we are signing none league players to help with our promotion drive.

Cheap cheap cheap that’s what our club has become, be prepared to become the laughing stock of our division.

Cheap owners, cheap management and now cheap players is this what we expected 5 years ago.
(24-05-2021, 10:59 AM)Mystic Meg Wrote: [ -> ]How embarrassing, when I read what the other teams in our league are doing about reshaping their teams and we are signing none league players to help with our promotion drive.

Cheap cheap cheap that’s what our club has become, be prepared to become the laughing stock of our division.

Cheap owners, cheap management and now cheap players is this what we expected 5 years ago.

Let’s wait and see. We haven’t actually signed anyone yet! That said the noises coming out of FP at the moment don’t exactly fill you with optimism but let’s see what DC comes up with. Time will tell.
Free beer tomorrow!
Pages: 1 2 3