TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jackett to Leyton Orient
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a one year rolling contract. Now that's how it should be done.
Hopefully he’ll take a few players off our hands  Blush
You've got to feel sorry for the Orient supporters - as if they haven't suffered enough over the last decade the poor buggers really don't know what's coming down the tracks. Insipid, tedious, boring hoofball and a waxwork effigy on the sidelines, hands in pockets displaying all the passion of a dead haddock.

They deserve so much better.
Poor O's.
poor poor bastards
They have a new stadium I believe with flats overlooking the ground on one side. The flats looking away from the pitch are more expensive!
And Kenny has the cheek to say he likes to play “high pressing attacking football”. Well that’s a big fat whopper of a lie, straight off the bat!

1 up front and 5 in midfield, who’s job it is to defend and/or watch the ball sail over their heads all afternoon.
(21-05-2021, 04:14 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]And Kenny has the cheek to say he likes to play “high pressing attacking football”. Well that’s a big fat whopper of a lie, straight off the bat!

1 up front and 5 in midfield, who’s job it is to defend and/or watch the ball sail over their heads all afternoon.

Pompey have certainly played some high pressing football under Jackett this season. Winning the ball high up the field has been a feature in several of our wins but we never did it consistently enough, and I'm not sure you can describe it as attacking because that is more about what you do with the ball whereas pressing is what you do when you haven't got it. 

Whatever we think of him, Orient's odds will have got shorter after his appointment.
(21-05-2021, 01:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully he’ll take a few players off our hands  Blush

1st Signing Marquis on a Pay as you play Deal!!!!!

2nd Gallen as "Dogsbody" - heaven help their now Ex Fans!
Bless 'em, they really are happy about Jackett's appointment.

Orient Forum
One of the most amusing posts was:

I was impressed with our new manager's comments about playing attacking, pressing football’.

Attacking, pressing football ffs, how come we never got to see any of that then?

I fear the Orient fans are in for a rude awakening, at least he’s not on a long contract.
Decent chap, worked hard and did what he considered was best for the club, why would you not wish him well?
I don't wish him harm but he set our club back at least 2 seasons,negative tactics, and an unwillingness to attack. Boring,boring boring. The type of manager not needed in football today.Really glad he's gone.
(22-05-2021, 12:41 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Decent chap, worked hard and did what he considered was best for the club, why would you not wish him well?

I agree, I’ve always said he is a decent bloke and haven’t anything against him personally.

I just hate his style of football, I suspect most others feel the same.
His main problem was No Plan B! Substitutions too late in the game then didn't realise until too late he had 5 he could make.
The substitutions you talk about were to put on players in the same positions. Didn't seem to realise that if the formation was not working, it will carry on not working if you just swap like for like players.
Lets hope our new encumbants have a plan B and C.
If they don't have plans B and C they'll soon hear from the stands!
Good luck to him. Football was a bit shit, but a decent bloke nonetheless.
I can't muster the magnanimity to wish him well. He dismantled our league two champions team and made hard work of a lighter task. His is football was at times on par with Barker. Our continued presence in League 1 is mostly down to him
Well said SS
Poor cvnts.
You cant play a high press game if you dont do any fitness training. You can play hoofball though.

Anyone can say in an interview what style they'd like to play. Doesnt mean they can do it.

I can say the way I like to run the 100M, is in 8 seconds flat. Doesnt really match up to reality, when i havent seen the inside of a gym in 5 years though, does it?

Good luck Orient, youre gonna need it.