TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Is George Best coming to Pomey?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously not, but just to note it would have been his 75th Birthday today. Arguably the greatest British player of all time?
Most skilful deffo
(22-05-2021, 07:22 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Most skilful deffo

Damn, I still clicked on it!
Cheap, Rocketman. Cheap.
(22-05-2021, 07:22 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Most skilful deffo

The most gifted player ever.  Growing up we we’re all George best played with our shirt out and socks rolled  down,  His dribbling skills were on another level to any player at that time, but his ability to ride full on tackles from players like Ron (chopper) Harris and just keep going!  Not many benefits from getting old but at least I was a football mad kid when he was playing.
My footballing hero
When people argue about who was the greatest player of all time it's usually Pele or Maradona that wins and perhaps they were better technically, but Best is the one who I would rather watch play than any of the others.
Couldn't watch him on Wogan when he was pissed, had to walk out of the room
Agreed, I really blame Wogan for that.
Not Terry Wokean the patron saint of all that is holy at the BBC Shirley?
I remember seeing him in the boardroom at Fratton Park as Mandaric's guest fpr a match, sitting hunched up in a corner just a few weeks before he passed away. Hardly recognisable, one of the saddest sights you could imagine, like an old man.
Years before, didn't he play as a guest in somebody's testimonial, was it Albert McCann's?

Deebo

He didn't half used to shift up those steps past me on his way from the Director's box just before half time. Plenty of vim and vigour left when he needed to get to the bar first.
You don't need to rush to the bar in the directors box, the stewards serve your at the table and I'm sure MM didn't have to wait.