TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Should FP open fully in August….
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
…..with no restrictions, would anyone be reluctant to attend?

And to be clear, Ricky’s views on lockdowns are well aired, but everyone is entitled to make their own risk assessment given their personal circumstances………just interested in views
Money staying in pocket until we see some transfer activity and something substantial about FP
If FP is open for business in August I shall be there with no reservations and hoping for better fare than KJ served up. Small risk to personal health maybe but life is about living not hiding away for ever. PUP
Ricky, I'm speaking on behalf of friends here and quite rightly they are concerned, various health issues ranging from Chrones disease, close relatives with serious cancers, others with suppressed immune systems are nervous of mixing with crowds.

Not saying they won't go, just that they have concerns, if you were in one or more of those groups would it not worry you, when you could be spending 2 hours or so sitting next to an unvaccinated stranger?

I guess it would depend on what safeguards the club put in place.
I'd absolutely be there. Been vaccinated, as will most people by then. It's a free choice, worried about going, don't go, but don't stop everyone else going. Simples.
The biggest concern for me is the impact on my mental health of seeing a team of probably non-league knock-downs trying to compete against Championship-quality contenders.
Hey Gerry, still your choice on whether or not to go! My solution is to go, and if the worst happens then I just indulge in a triple McD's on the way home
It should never have closed and we should never have gone into a lockdown that had no effect on a bad flu virus.
Now that Jackett and Catlin won't be in charge next season I have renewed my season ticket and will go.
(24-05-2021, 05:33 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Gerry, still your choice on whether or not to go! My solution is to go, and if the worst happens then I just indulge in a triple McD's on the way home

Hmmm.......I'll might try that. Except instead of triple McD's you meant Jack Daniels, right?
GH - not as I have to drive 90 miles after each game! Where in the US are you?
I'll be there but it'll be interesting to hear if the Surgeon General TBP has any more medical advise.
Having been working in schools throughout all the lockdowns I would go, especially now I've had both vaccines. But I would do so knowing that I might be putting myself at risk.
Don't give a damn if we spend shedloads on "big names" or shop in the bargain basement. I can't commit to a season ticket these days but would love to go one Saturday a month and to midweek games during the school hols with the grandchildren. The exeter game in the much derided cup was one of the best nights out for years because of the number of young children who got hooked on pompey that night!
(23-05-2021, 11:18 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Ricky, I'm speaking on behalf of friends here and quite rightly they are concerned, various health issues ranging from Chrones disease, close relatives with serious cancers, others with suppressed immune systems are nervous of mixing with crowds.

Not saying they won't go, just that they have concerns, if you were in one or more of those groups would it not worry you, when you could be spending 2 hours or so sitting next to an unvaccinated stranger?

Yes of course muschi, as Ricky said, everyone has to make their own risk assessment.

Not sure about demonizing “the unvaccinated” though, if someone has had their vaccine, they have good protection, and it shouldn’t really matter whether someone else has been vaccinated (and yes, Ricky has had his vaccine as well as Covid last year, so you’re safe as houses sitting next to the Rick man).
(24-05-2021, 08:36 PM)tricky_ricky_pfc Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-05-2021, 11:18 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Ricky, I'm speaking on behalf of friends here and quite rightly they are concerned, various health issues ranging from Chrones disease, close relatives with serious cancers, others with suppressed immune systems are nervous of mixing with crowds.

Yes of course muschi, as Ricky said, everyone has to make their own risk assessment.

Not sure about demonizing “the unvaccinated” though, if someone has had their vaccine, they have good protection, and it shouldn’t really matter whether someone else has been vaccinated (and yes, Ricky has had his vaccine as well as Covid last year, so you’re safe as houses sitting next to the Rick man).

Yes FP should open fully, no question.

As far as risk goes, it was already low, if you are fully vaccinated it is lower still.

I’m in an ‘at risk’ group but will definitely be there if the park is open.

People should have the right to make their own decision on this.
I shall be there, whether or not it's often will depend on the players we sign and the football we're playing.
As for the virus, if you're fully vaccinated then what is the problem?
The problem is the same as that posed by the married man who plays around, it's not what you do, it's what you might bring home...