TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Recruitment over-haul?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope - and long before time - as the Cowley's appoint Matt Page and Toby Ellis in this area.
I'm afraid the writing's on the wall for Phil Boardman whose contributions to our summer and January signings over the past four years have been underwhelming 
(26-05-2021, 03:23 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I hope - and long before time - as the Cowley's appoint Matt Page and Toby Ellis in this area.
I'm afraid the writing's on the wall for Phil Boardman whose contributions to our summer and January signings over the past four years have been underwhelming 

Boardman did his best. But Jackett turned his nose up @ a lot of players he recommended & subsequently they've gone on to bigger & better things. Its no secret they had a falling out jan tw '19. Jackett in being a numpty shock.
Something was clearly broken at the club to sell the likes of Clarke, Chaplin, Lowe and end up getting the shyte we ended up with.
(26-05-2021, 03:47 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-05-2021, 03:23 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I hope - and long before time - as the Cowley's appoint Matt Page and Toby Ellis in this area.

Boardman did his best. But Jackett turned his nose up @ a lot of players he recommended & subsequently they've gone on to bigger & better things. Its no secret they had a falling out jan tw '19. Jackett in being a numpty shock.

Yet this is the Cowleys decision, not Jackett's.
(26-05-2021, 03:47 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Boardman did his best. But Jackett turned his nose up @ a lot of players he recommended & subsequently they've gone on to bigger & better things. Its no secret they had a falling out jan tw '19. Jackett in being a numpty shock.

Genuine questions ... 

Who are the players that he recommended that went on to better things ?

And were McGillivray & Curtis Boardman finds ? or his predecessor ?
(26-05-2021, 06:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-05-2021, 03:47 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Boardman did his best. But Jackett turned his nose up @ a lot of players he recommended & subsequently they've gone on to bigger & better things. Its no secret they had a falling out jan tw '19. Jackett in being a numpty shock.

Genuine questions ... 

Who are the players that he recommended that went on to better things ?

And were McGillivray & Curtis Boardman finds ? or his predecessor ?

Boardman wanted Lawrence Shankland here when he was banging goals for Ayr for fun. Kenny wanted Vaughan & Bogle. Ok maybe its over egging it a tad as the scottish league is poor. But he's now a full international. And there was another striker whose name escapes me (its a age thing), playing in L1 got snapped up by Champs club? They had a full scale row about it in Jan '19 TW, we ended up with Vaughan & Bogle..
Whats interesting is that in all the purging going on @ FP, Boardman has been retained.
Complete change is what we need and I'm more than happy.
Jackett was a useless recruiter of players. Only worrying thing I've heard from Cowley so far is that he is prepared to take his time and get the right deal/price etc, even if that means waiting until late July. We know that path has been well trodden by PFC recently and has hindered us. I'd have thought that we'd have learnt a lesson from those failings.
we have often been regarded s a rich club who will get into a bidding war. I will be more than happy if we refuse to do that (or pay agents fees, let the players pay their own agent)
(26-05-2021, 07:57 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I’d have thought that we'd have learnt a lesson.

If you’re waiting for Pompey to do that I’ve got some really bad news for you.